bottoming action for the start of a big rally

• Please log in to reply
631 replies to this topic

#381 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,070 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 04:07 PM

sheesh blue sky warnings : you aint worried you might offend the gods?

#382 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,203 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 04:40 PM

sheesh blue sky warnings : you aint worried you might offend the gods?

"It was my cross circuiting to x doctor, the deity had nothing to do with it. Well praise pointy ears and pitchforks then".  I should mention that the gld trend that showed this bottom is in conflict with the gold futures trend arguing a final low in oct, but for now gold should keep going up. I can't get a gold chart out of dial data anymore, so I cannot verify that trend on tradestation which is way better software than tradingview, it has the complete oscillator on it.

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#383 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 06:02 PM

i am thinking around sep 21 the equinox will be interesting we are still in awave iii down imo

feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#384 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,203 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 06:32 PM

i am thinking around sep 21 the equinox will be interesting we are still in awave iii down imo

Opinions vary, I don't see how you can still think we are in a downtrend when gold broke above it's downtrend line with force on friday. 

Edited by Russ, 25 August 2018 - 06:34 PM.

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

#385 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 05:14 PM

Sunday 8/26  opening - spot gold - 1206 breakaway gap.is bullish.

#386 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,203 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 10:48 PM

#387 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,203 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 10:49 PM

#388 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,203 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 10:50 PM

#389 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 07:15 AM

My hourly Renko went to a buy, all my st puts were closed last week. I have just $300 invested in leap puts which I will not

sell. At this point I don't care what gold does.

I am moving towards INVESTING in high growth stocks, not trading, no stops, just averaging in if they drop.

How many times have you looked back after a couple years and seen 1000% gains in something, but you were

dedicated to st leveraged trading and not only didn't make much for all the stress of stops and decay, but you missed

a half million in buy and hold ? Trading gets far too much spotlight these days. I lost 40k when I first started investing and made it all back

on one stock, everything went downhill when I switched to options. There has to be a strong long term fundamental story

behind the stock, there are no fundamentals for gold, it's just a 50/50 chance of direction.

My SPX Renko system I will trade a little more, but the rule is never add after the first brick of the turn, so I am out.

#390 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,624 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 10:43 AM

when csco was brought to market i was a subscriber to twst they interviewed the guy who brought csco to market. cutting to the chaff , he
jumped off way too early, yes he made good money but he left the big money on the table. somewhere/sometime soon gold will bottom and the
whole facade of the banking system will be in doubt. how long one rides the train will determine his financial prowess.
i believe we are close here. 3of C of 2 ended 4 here(perhaps it bottomed?????) trying to pinpoint the bottom will not get you to where
you want to go. trading graveyards are full of bottom pickers. i have cash to deploy, am in slow motion mode. nibbling here and there.
mining is a terrible biz and gold mining has been squeezed for 20++ years that i can see. i believe that will change.
nibbling here and there, not on up days , unless what i like gets hit. its very rare when the banksters are long. in 79-80 the chant was
trade w/the big boys -the hunts. well the exchange members and banksters squashed the hunts. the banksters are the big boys. the trap is being
set in bankster time
dharma