• Please log in to reply
911 replies to this topic

#111 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,058 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 01:28 AM

take out 19.52 and something more bearish is AT WORK HERE  IMO

Edited by dougie, 11 December 2018 - 01:30 AM.

#112 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,879 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 08:21 AM

Silver banging on 14.75....just one more push..............

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#113 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,879 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 08:49 AM

Is this FINALLY IT????

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#114 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,879 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 08:59 AM

GDXJ should have a very nice gap over 28 resistance zone today....if it runs away from that gap, then secondary LT bottom likely confirmed, and wave 3 up commences....

Back below 27 now would not be good for bulls....

#115 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,879 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 09:24 AM

This back test of 14.75 could be the decision point...if bulls hold it, and take it out to fresh swing highs, they are likely outta the gate...

And if not, then breakout prospects would start to dim....

#116 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 09:54 AM

frankly IMO chart wave/wise its hard not to count silver very possibly being in iii of 3 with todays gap higher, added to longs early on because of this

Senor

#117 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 10:55 AM

frankly IMO chart wave/wise its hard not to count silver very possibly being in iii of 3 with todays gap higher, added to longs early on because of this

Senor

silver once again in limbo whether it might attempt a decisive breakout, still like its chances if it can hold 14.58-14.6

Senor

#118 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,879 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 11:12 AM

Well, Silver failed on that breakout attempt...still in lT downtrend until it can get another hourly close above 14.75, and then finally take out $15

#119 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,619 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 11:52 AM

lots of possibilities here. i am leaning cautiously bullish . the counts and action seems to favor the bulls.  big bank economists  are all favoring inflation to show in 19 and many are bullish the pms. yesterdays cot got the banks back short in a big way. but keep in mind from 07 to the top in 11 they rode short gold/silver . the report also showed them lopsided short the dollar.   i use the cot as an indicator only when the commercials are long. , since its a very rare event.  

i believe we are in a bottoming process here, thus the thread title. have to be careful. the 200dma for gold and gdx are overhead , take those out and fresh money comes into the market.  tough to say w/absolute certainty the lows are in . however i believe the august low in gold and the double bottom in silver are signs that is the case. after 4 up days in a row on gold/gdx yesterdays pause seemed bullish. i think we continue the correction for today and maybe tomorrow.   this upmove will be stealth for most investors until some magic # overhead is taken out , then a few the light will go on. patience here. if fear dominates puts are in order

dharma

the parallels between trump and hoover are uncanny

both biz men

both elected w/republican house and senate

hoover passed smoot-hawley trump the "tariff man" many feel smoot-hawley exacerbated the great depression. tariffs today causing anguish in the stock market  - i know i have said this in history no one has ever won a trade war!!!!!!!!!!! trade wars historically lead to shooting wars.  

the populist movement has hit a snag. spend spend spend tax tax tax. macron is facing the french revolution. raising taxes caused the american revolution.  watching the events unfold. politicians are clueless. few if any have studied history or economics

#120 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,619 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 12:22 PM

all the highs in gold since the 16 rebound high have been 1375 or less. 

take that out and that  will look very bullish

dharma