bottoming process continues

• Please log in to reply
911 replies to this topic

#91 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,968 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 01:49 PM

Senor thank you for the posting.yes.gif   I own a few of those tax selling laggards.  Been patiently waiting for them to move higher.  Perhaps this could be my opportunity. rolleyes.gif  Will know in the fullness of time.

Interesting juncture, the more quality names where I have focused so far like AEM/KL/NEM/ABX and some others that have not been ravaged by bad news/earnings/dumb decisions etc have actually performed fairly well and have not made new lows since their Sep lows (KL,ABX and AEM) or Oct (NEM). KL ended the week near all time highs, ABX near 14 from low below 10, and AEM surged to 40 area from Sep low near 32.. NEM  closed about 4.5 pts above its Oct low. I think absolutely hammered stocks like GG-Paas-CDE-HL and many others could see sharp rallies assuming no more "bad news" and a continued gold/silver rally. we see

Senor

#92 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 02:51 PM

tell me when the time is to buy the REAL trash

#93 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,968 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 03:08 PM

tell me when the time is to buy the REAL trash

LOL, like 2016 rise there is IMO little reason to buy "trash" when a "real rise" is underway. I gotta feeling the surprise here may be a strong rise into year end/early Jan when very few are looking for that. Who needs trash? from the 19.02 intraday low just SEVEN days ago my largest holding by far (KL) has rallied 22.8% into Fridays close at 23.37. and da beat goes on

Senor

#94 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 03:20 PM

KL is a MONSTER

#95 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 03:24 PM

Dalio really thinks US is like Argentina? Seriously?

I know he doesnt so why spout this stuff?

politics IMO

Do you think we can service our debt in uninflated dollars?

how long has Japan been doing it?

#96 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,203 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 06:00 PM

from James Dines October newsletter... "With all of our other predictions for 2018 coming true, we do believe that even our gold prediction will eventually be realized because gold is gold is gold. Our Gold Sentiment Indicator has fallen to its most historically pessimistic levels, which is actually bullish for the yellow metal, so gold stocks should be rising soon. A whole generation of investors has become complacent about a general bear market, or a gold bull market, yet both are wonders to behold. Appearances can be deceiving: a dollar bill looks the same as it did 50 years ago!

As “The Original Goldbug,” the yellow metal is one of our areas of special expertise, and we believe that our “Buy” for gold stocks on 28 Aug 18 detected the beginning of a rally, as displayed in the accompanying chart, which we scrutinize carefully, looking for signs that a new gold bull market actually has begun.

It turns out that the 28 Aug 18 “Buy” was only eight days and a mere 4% from the low so far, and gold stocks have been moving up.

James Dines is legendary for having made correct forecasts that were in complete contradiction to the rest of the financial community. He is the author of five highly regarded books, including "Goldbug!," in addition to his popular newsletter, The Dines Letter, and videotaped educational series. Dines' highly successful investment strategies have been praised by Barron's, The Financial Times, Forbes, Moneyline, and The New York Times, among others.

Edited by Russ, 08 December 2018 - 06:01 PM.

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#97 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,203 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 06:57 PM

from breakpointtrades.com

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

#98 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 07:08 PM

what happens when we get to 1360?

#99 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,968 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 08:41 PM

I'd suggest watching the DXY (96.48 last) closely tonight as it could be a "trigger" if it breaks below 96.31-96.38 support, break that and it could start waterfalling lower IMO

Senor

#100 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,203 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 09:00 PM

what happens when we get to 1360?

Exactly, the 'no fly zone'... Dines thinks gold has bottomed, so gold should punch through 1360 next year.