bottoming process continues

• Please log in to reply
911 replies to this topic

#701 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,965 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 11:55 AM

No guarantees but death, taxes, and trump tweets. That being said the oversold technical and Ewave set up for at least a good near term bottom IMO is about as good as it gets, I like the spikeish early decline in gold/silver and now a decent reversal. Lets see if it can rally into close, as always DYODD

BSing away

Senor

#702 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 04:09 PM

senor do me a favor i have a possible count i would like your opinion on

i am saying the whole sector has been doing a giant abc correction since the top in aug 2016

C down started around sep8 2017  3 of c ended 11 16 2018

i think the whole rally since then has been a wave 4 and that 5 of c started around mar 27 2019 

the reason i say this is there has been no impulsive type rally nothing at all that would qualify as a wave 3 start

any way your thoughts are welcome it is all conjecture  but it satisfies me that we have never really started wave 3 

wave 3 should start with a blast not this choppy b.s we have had

thanks

feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#703 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,965 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 04:48 PM

senor do me a favor i have a possible count i would like your opinion on

i am saying the whole sector has been doing a giant abc correction since the top in aug 2016

C down started around sep8 2017  3 of c ended 11 16 2018

i think the whole rally since then has been a wave 4 and that 5 of c started around mar 27 2019 

the reason i say this is there has been no impulsive type rally nothing at all that would qualify as a wave 3 start

any way your thoughts are welcome it is all conjecture  but it satisfies me that we have never really started wave 3 

wave 3 should start with a blast not this choppy b.s we have had

thanks

what index/ETF/Metal are you asking about? If you want a really clean bullish count look at CEF (Sprott gold/silver trust combined, close to 50/50 dollar value) publicly traded trust. If that is not a clean 5 up daily from Nov 13 low to Feb 20 high I will eat my shorts! I think a combined fund like this is a really nice way to get some clarity, I think SLV has a very nice 5 up as well. A lot of the miner stuff is crapola and sometimes that's the way it goes so one has to try to fins solid support evidence. 

Senor

#704 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 09:29 PM

thanks i will take a look 

feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#705 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 11:52 PM

Gap fill to come on gdx
Called a couple weeks ago

#706 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 01:09 AM

not seeing any pos divergences yet. this thing could fall hard here into a more durable bottom.

Be prepared imo

#707 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 01:19 AM

on the other hand. looking left there is some old support in this area

#708 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,965 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 09:38 AM

Like the early slow/no interest action with a few things making new lows and now an attempted rally, nothing at all impt yet. So far silver/SLV really acting like it's putting in a possibly very impt low at that .618 area I highlighted. Now lets see if this is just another brief pop or something more, after 9 straight GDXJ down days and the potential "coil"/divergences in 1-12 hr oscillators leads to a key low.

Senor

#709 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,965 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 10:03 AM

IMO the set up is there for a rip your face off rally IMO, however that does not at all mean it will happen, but I can certainly see the technical and Ewave set up "why it might", we see

Senor

#710 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 10:28 AM

true 9 straight down days in the miners! gann has a 7-10 day rule.not sure if we bounce then bottom or Vout of here.
valuations continue to get more compelling . i suspect yesterday the commercials covered more shorts. i still think at some point
trump will begin the slide in the dollar. russia and china continue to buy physical gold.
dharma
gettin itchy crude oil looks strong and that bodes well for the pms

Edited by dharma, 24 April 2019 - 10:29 AM.