bottoming process continues

• Please log in to reply
911 replies to this topic

#711 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,204 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 01:00 PM

true 9 straight down days in the miners! gann has a 7-10 day rule.not sure if we bounce then bottom or Vout of here.
valuations continue to get more compelling . i suspect yesterday the commercials covered more shorts. i still think at some point
trump will begin the slide in the dollar. russia and china continue to buy physical gold.
dharma
gettin itchy crude oil looks strong and that bodes well for the pms

Interesting that Gold is going up at the same time the dollar is breaking though resistance, dollar has trends for a high in the summer. Gold should bottom in late May to early June a little later than Stu's time.  The perfect symmetry on the declining wedge on gold is impressive.

Edited by Russ, 24 April 2019 - 01:06 PM.

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#712 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,073 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 01:28 PM

at 72 pages is this the longest thread ever?

#713 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,073 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 01:29 PM

tells you this bottoming process has sbeen a LONG ONE. Methuselah would be proud of us

#714 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,970 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 03:08 PM

tells you this bottoming process has sbeen a LONG ONE. Methuselah would be proud of us

Heck, it could carry into next year! I don't see any big downside from here and we can always churn sideways/range bound for weeks/months more, I continue to like the silver/CEF counts but that does not mean we could not decline again to modestly below recent lows after perhaps a good sized bounce. Tough call here, but I like the "possible" near term upside potential here

Senor

#715 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,073 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 03:21 PM

it might well!

wake me when it is over....

#716 tradesurfer

tradesurfer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 09:49 PM

there are a sh*t load of bullish harmonic patterns on the GDX right now...

47692687791_41dd6db5d1_h.jpg

#717 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,073 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 01:11 AM

ill take the deep shark for 10 points

#718 tradesurfer

tradesurfer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 09:26 AM

is it time for an "El Grande" rally ?

Pluto Retrograde Capricorn was April 24th yesterday.   It has a one day orb on either side.   Interesting that the stock market shot veritical up into that date and GDX vertical Down into that date.....

Pluto seems to be ruling the tape on these markets.

Edited by tradesurfer, 25 April 2019 - 09:28 AM.

#719 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 10:37 AM

ido vedic astrology,so pluto is non existent the ancient rishis could not see uranus, neptune, and pluto.but they could feel their
energies,they captured that in the rahu/ketu called ascending/descending nodes of the moon.my somewhat limited understanding is pluto
represents debt.and debt is what we have plenty of
i remind myself that the world economy has alot of momentum.it takes alot to shift that. gold is among the most hated asset class and
to the bankers the most hated.it takes time 73 pages is a very short economic book,and frankly i am out of ideas for a title to a new
thread so this title seems most appropriate
frankly i am waiting to see what happens out of this oversold condition. do we V? retest? or continue down?i am reluctant to step in w/o
some more proof of a bottom and i remind myself that after the indian festival may 7 we are in weak demand season till july/august
the banks are calling for h2 to see a big rally in gold.i am leery having seen gs recommend something to their clients and then they did
the opposite. so biting the hand that feeds them. i like the backdrop of rising crude oil,it sets the seeds for higher inflation.this
obviously is not a sprint . its about having resources so when the stagflation hits. having significant resources to have an effect
i am in my 70s so going out to stud is in my horizon
dharma

#720 tradesurfer

tradesurfer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 11:11 AM

The cover on the recent bloomberg business week reads " Is inflation dead ? "

That marked the bottom in inflation !