INDU

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#11 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 08:32 PM

We've been in a range bound market for two months and now we probaly will expand in to a larger range. I've made more on long trades than short trades. That's why they call it trading, ya don't marry 'em. (JMHO)

What I posted is not for short term trading, it's for a long term positional investment.

#12 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 11:04 AM

tvc_4ede26baf5794e64f475833758a941df.png

#13 MDurkin

MDurkin

• Traders-Talk User
  • 638 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 11:43 AM

Agree with the chart... it either bounces off the top of 2000/2007 or goes to the lower of the megaphone pattern. It hard to believe the lower end but...

#14 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 12:32 PM

Agree with the chart... it either bounces off the top of 2000/2007 or goes to the lower of the megaphone pattern. It hard to believe the lower end but...

It's kind of like a bubble that bursts and when it bottoms it just goes sideways for years, worse than 1929 this time, at least it clawed it's way back up over 25 years. A Bitcoin bubble, that's what this market looks like to me.

Edited by CLK, 21 December 2018 - 12:33 PM.

#15 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 01:45 PM

It's kind of like a bubble that bursts and when it bottoms it just goes sideways for years, worse than 1929 this time, at least it clawed it's way back up over 25 years. A Bitcoin bubble, that's what this market looks like to me.

Don't get too out of control here...the only downside objectives given at this time are the Trump election lows.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#16 MDurkin

MDurkin

• Traders-Talk User
  • 638 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 02:42 PM

Don't get too out of control here...the only downside objectives given at this time are the Trump election lows.

Fib

Just curious Dave how do you get to 1800 as the target? Thanks

#17 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 04:00 PM

Fib

Just curious Dave how do you get to 1800 as the target? Thanks

The downside price objective was generated by the break of support in the Dow breadth McClellan Summation Index on Thursday.

This was also confirmed by the SPX and OEX breadth MCSUM's, as well as , the MID and SML breadth MCSUM's.

How it's determined is easy to understand, but don't have the time to make a post on it at this time.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#18 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 06:46 PM

Long read, had to skip through some of it but a lot of good points.   Seem to think this is the grand super cycle top, some say it is grand super cycle 4 down.

https://mcalvanyweek...y.com/09_25_18/

#19 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 22 December 2018 - 06:56 AM

Fib

So, if NYSI reaches -1600 at the 09 lows level, then I take it that means price is free to fall to the 09 lows.

I see now after Friday's close, NYSI also broke below the Trump election lows.

I probably don't have the formula right. I can see downside targets generated, I just can't see how you generate upside targets

as NYSI never made a higher high after late 2009, only the cumulative version, which won't work for downside targets, the way I see it.

#20 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 22 December 2018 - 07:29 AM

The Dow/Gold ratio has severely diverged the market since the 2000 top, despite rallying with the market off the 09 lows, the divergence is still there.

I marked the lines which give the target for the divergences to be gone, below the 09 lows.

Edited by CLK, 22 December 2018 - 07:36 AM.