Photo

Time running out for the BULLS: rally or perish!

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,651 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 10:01 AM

I think with lots of volatility though, tapes looking tired.

#22 opinionated

opinionated

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,937 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 12:11 PM

The market operators know at this point they have to choose from two alternatives here: new highs or a big down to form a wave c. I think they have decided to go for new highs..........

Targets:  VST SPX 3035;  ST 3055; IT 3150 ...................

We are exactly on the same page, same numbers.  I feel no down until the 23rd...  Thats when my ST/MT cycles say top.

#23 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,634 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 01:48 PM

The market operators know at this point they have to choose from two alternatives here: new highs or a big down to form a wave c. I think they have decided to go for new highs..........

I think it will be unable to move past SPX 3035 unless there is some "good" news today or tomorrow

Post-OPEX week usually bearish

#24 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,634 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 01:50 PM

We are exactly on the same page, same numbers.  I feel no down until the 23rd...  Thats when my ST/MT cycles say top.

SPX 3013/16 is an important support level

Markets may rally another 2 or 3% but unless there is good news on trade and earnings the rally is over 

#25 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,634 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 01:53 PM

ok, we got you, just buy some beans and other agri stuff and all will be forgiven, trade war over until after 2020 November.

Both China and the US should cherish the current talks. Many US officials easily misread China's goodwill, think it shows Beijing's weakness. China doesn't like talking tough before the negotiations, but I know China is not as anxious to reach a deal as the US side thought.

10:29 AM - 19 Sep 2019

#26 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,634 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 01:56 PM

Waiting on the market .....catching up on my favorite tweeters

Helene Meisler @hmeisler
FollowFollow @hmeisler
More

AAII Bulls notch up again this week. Now 35.3 (were 21.7 at the Aug low). July high was 38.4

EE0gfMpWsAAaAJi.png
3:26 AM - 19 Sep 2019

#27 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,053 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 01:57 PM

I'd not fight against the CBs such as ECB and the Fed.  I expect VIX to be under 13 and SPX at new high soon tomorrow...........

Edited by redfoliage2, 19 September 2019 - 01:58 PM.

#28 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,634 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 01:58 PM

The "Mystery broker" is not ME but agrees with my opinions on ST market direction

Michael Santoli

Verified account @michaelsantoli
FollowFollow @michaelsantoli
More

A #MysteryBroker update: He's looking for the stock market to back off in the short term as an incrementally hawkish Fed decision is absorbed. Says Fed ultimately will prove too slow in easing, clock ticking toward recession within 18-24 months.

6:04 AM - 19 Sep 2019

•  More

The #MysteryBroker not making an outright bear-market call for stocks. After a drop in the near term with weak seasonal factors and earnings preannouncements ahead, expects a fourth-quarter rebound and figures the market will be “OK” until next spring. More

• The #MysteryBroker has been on record preferring defensive sectors all year. Says the recent rotation into cyclicals might run a bit more but won’t last. He sees the ongoing inversion of the 3-month/10-year Treasury curve as a relevant economic signal More

• Finally, the standard disclaimer on #MysteryBroker stuff: He's a source I've quoted for more than a decade since my time at Barron's; is a real person; is not me; is not someone whose name you'd know.

•  

#29 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,053 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 02:08 PM

SPX 3013/16 is an important support level

Markets may rally another 2 or 3% but unless there is good news on trade and earnings the rally is over 

I bet there will be some kind of good news from the trade talks.   However, VST it's a little overbought and they may have to clear the clog before running higher.........

Edited by redfoliage2, 19 September 2019 - 02:14 PM.

#30 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,634 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 02:12 PM

SPX testing lows of day, potential double-bottom formation on 5-m chart