ur getting boring     ......

#12 Dex

Dex

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 12:52 PM

"you will not see a new high in the rut in your lifetime ... way too old."   

LOL.... I'm old too......

I don't know if IWM  will make new highs anytime soon, but the current data is not Bullish. I say Bullish  for those that like to use Bullish and Bearish to talk about the market, and they are not even talking about IWM. The S&P and the DOW own those titles because the useless talking heads use those indexes when talking about the market. 

“There is only one side to the stock market; and it is not the bull side or the bear side, but the right side”   Jesse L. Livermore

The pump monkeys better get IWM above the 200, 50, and 10 DMA or those in the know will continue to exit this market on rallies....

Good Trading.

I trade what I see happening, not what I think will happen....  IWM has NO BEEF!  

https://stockcharts....073&a=692015943

Been in a cash position (VXF at Vanguard) for 14 days now and day-trading VXX..... 

This sounds about right and good for trading....

thomas Retweeted thomas

And when they run up the indices, they are likely to do what? Smack down the $VIX and all things Gold... $GC $GLD $GDX $NUGT

thomas added,

thomas @*
So, usually... the way this goes... is doesn't matter the F. what is in these notes... it's all about firepower, the price-fixers are going to do their best to run it up... like we all support the F'ed, right? No, it's them running up the market to make it look that way...
0 replies0 retweets1 like

Retweet

I know this is a Slow-Mo Grind going up here, but I'm pretty sure we're going to get a SPIKE in here, which way is up for grabs... this thing moves on SPURTS now...

https://twitter.com/VolumeDynamics

I'm old also.

Between my pension and SS I have all the $ I need.  I will set up a trust fund for when I die and my bums of nephews and nice and their children will get the $ I have.

I have 2 large positions in tax free bonds - NHMAX and PREMX - emerging markets high yield bonds.

The next areas to look at are REITS, TDIV, RUT,  NOT large caps.  Watch them but don't buy them now. 

Don't get stuck in the only stocks mindset.  

"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. "
17_16

#13 Dex

Dex

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 12:54 PM

1:30 PM Counter-Trend Rally Continues as STS Begins To Rollover

Thanks ... I hate Japanese Candlesticks ... they confuse more then they inform. 

Don(?) used to post here. 

"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. "
17_16

#14 robo

robo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 12:55 PM

"I have 2 large positions in tax free bonds - NHMAX and PREMX - emerging markets high yield bonds.

The next areas to look at are REITS, TDIV, RUT,  NOT large caps.  Watch them but don't buy them now. 

Don't get stuck in the only stocks mindset."  

Thanks, and I will not. The risk in owning overpriced stocks continues to increase..... I get $6000.00 a month in retirement income, and I'm debt free.. So I'm one of the lucky ones....

Good Trading!

Edited by robo, 09 October 2019 - 12:58 PM.

“There is only one side to the stock market; and it is not the bull side or the bear side, but the right side”   Jesse L. Livermore

#15 robo

robo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 01:48 PM

LOL....  Smash down the VIX and buy the SPX.  What a great time to be a VST trader....

.  https://stockcharts....903&a=691541744

I sure agree....

1. 1 reply0 retweets1 like

Retweet

$VIX NEW LOW now... 18.44

0 replies0 retweets0 likes

Retweet

$VIX SMACKED DOWN 18.55

1 reply1 retweet1 like

Retweet

thomas Retweeted thomas

2:40 PM - $NASDAQ finally clicks over 1B traded...

thomas added,

thomas @*
    What a joke... it's after 2 o'clock... and we don't even have 1B shares traded on the $NASDAQ
    1 reply0 retweets1 like

Retweet

https://twitter.com/VolumeDynamics

#16 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 21,988 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 01:50 PM

the more bears the better  .....

eating the pie all the way down.

you will not see a new high in the rut in your lifetime ... way too old.

Harsh, much?

darn.

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#17 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,955 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 10:55 AM

watch the sky    snort    675ono

#18 robo

robo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 01:39 PM

LOL..... For the Hussman haters..... There are several here......  A new post....

Market losses precede recession recognition, not the other way around

Proposition: By the time a U.S. recession begins, stocks have typically been in a bear market for months. Indeed, by the time a recession is widely accepted, a great deal of bear market damage has typically already been done.

As a rule, when market downturns coincide with economic downturns, the bear market bottom has never occurred until the recession is widely and firmly recognized in the media. At bear market bottoms, the existence of a recession is taken as common knowledge. The media is no longer tentative about the possibility, and there’s no tiptoeing around the subject using phrases like ‘The R-word.’
– John P. Hussman, Ph.D., September 2001
(following our October 2000 recession warning)

https://www.hussmanf...mment/mc191009/

My LT data chart..... I'm watching IWM ( for bear market clues) and trade VXF at Vanguard. That's the S fund for the TSP folks.....

https://stockcharts....392&a=680489791

Edited by robo, 10 October 2019 - 01:41 PM.

#19 robo

robo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 01:43 PM

watch the sky    snort    675ono

No doubt its been a nice run, and I'm not saying it's done.....  

Have a nice day!