Photo

Shiny Happy People Cheering Stocks’ New Highs: HINDENBURG OMEN!

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 hhh

hhh

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 20 November 2019 - 07:58 AM

That makes sense too. Something important to realize that's highlighted here: English can be context dependent, especially contractions and colloquialisms. By itself, the translation you found is correct, but the addition makes it "what does...".

#22 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 20 November 2019 - 08:42 AM

That makes sense too. Something important to realize that's highlighted here: English can be context dependent, especially contractions and colloquialisms. By itself, the translation you found is correct, but the addition makes it "what does...".

Ok thanks, I got it. I' m not used to context dependency because both my Venetic mother tongue and the national tongue we speak here, show this kind of behaviour. Thanks for clarification. I' m always grateful to everybody who is so kind to teach me something I don' t know.  

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#23 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 20 November 2019 - 09:12 AM

.....''because both my mother tongue and the other one we speak here, DON' T show this kind of behaviour....''

.....I cut the original text I was writing and missed to remember to insert ''DON' T''.........otherwise what I expressed wouldn' t make much sense

#24 hhh

hhh

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 20 November 2019 - 09:14 AM

You're welcome, any time. Feel free to PM me if you have an English question. I have a reasonably good grasp of its grammar.

#25 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,006 posts

Posted 20 November 2019 - 01:11 PM

We are right on a swing top .................

I posted this warning yesterday after the signal for a turn was received by the close last week. Time to find supports. BTW, it looks that big guys have just sold .......

Edited by redfoliage2, 20 November 2019 - 01:13 PM.

#26 dowdeva

dowdeva

• Traders-Talk User
  • 525 posts

Posted 20 November 2019 - 03:56 PM

No, it's definitely: "what does that tell you."

Another tip: you should have used "than" instead of "then" above in: "...it makes more sense then."

I was saying.....''then it makes more sense''......but I moved ''then'' to the end........maybe I shouldn' t have had. As for the translation of cheif's aulic ''wassat'', I have found ''what is that'' in the net, but who knows.....you might be right. In any case I won' t waste my time again trying to understand cheif's strange language   

Voted best conversation on TT, ever. Please make sticky.

Edited by dowdeva, 20 November 2019 - 03:56 PM.

#27 dowdeva

dowdeva

• Traders-Talk User
  • 525 posts

Posted 20 November 2019 - 03:58 PM

RF, do you have a projection? I don't think today's action constitute the end of a swing top, thanks.Most of my indicators have triggered s/t (not intra-day) sell signals, a few stubborn ones holding out.

#28 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,006 posts

Posted 20 November 2019 - 04:08 PM

RF, do you have a projection? I don't think today's action constitute the end of a swing top, thanks.Most of my indicators have triggered s/t (not intra-day) sell signals, a few stubborn ones holding out.

This is not an intraday signal. I see it’s effects just started today. I’d look for supports on daily and weekly charts .........

#29 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 04:04 AM

No, it's definitely: "what does that tell you."

Another tip: you should have used "than" instead of "then" above in: "...it makes more sense then."

I was saying.....''then it makes more sense''......but I moved ''then'' to the end........maybe I shouldn' t have had. As for the translation of cheif's aulic ''wassat'', I have found ''what is that'' in the net, but who knows.....you might be right. In any case I won' t waste my time again trying to understand cheif's strange language   

Voted best conversation on TT, ever. Please make sticky.

I apologize.........you know.....if English sometimes is a barrier, cheif's English is always a double or triple barrier. Next time I will privately ask hhh for clarification without bothering anybody here who knows English far better than I know