• Please log in to reply
1289 replies to this topic

#1031 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 04:35 PM

You guys see the YEN today??

this looks like a very significant event, as USD JPY just busted back through 900 day MA on a huge move....after spending literally years building a corrective base while back testing the weekly 900 multiple times.

XAUJPY has hit full afterburner mode...

Amazing - especially given the action in the PM space - something is really broken!

Interesting and "appears" a massive rally could occur here, wonder what's goin on

Senor

Conrona Virus will take hold in Japan. Huge recession coming perhaps? Hope not

#1032 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 04:39 PM

this looks like a very significant event, as USD JPY just busted back through 900 day MA on a huge move....after spending literally years building a corrective base while back testing the weekly 900 multiple times.

Amazing - especially given the action in the PM space - something is really broken!

Interesting and "appears" a massive rally could occur here, wonder what's goin on

Senor

But Nikei holding up...that should not be the case if the economy there is going to tank.

#1033 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 05:25 PM

The GLD chart is the strongest chart I have for a March high, it is pointing at March 10th for the high, so some weakness for a few weeks after that I would think. 

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#1034 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 05:48 PM

Makes sense. We should see broads begin a real sell off here IMO, then a bounce back, then the real action begins

#1035 ryanoo

ryanoo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 660 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 06:10 PM

Senor

But Nikei holding up...that should not be the case if the economy there is going to tank.

Japan is already tanking.  It's liquidity, not Japan's economy.

#1036 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,047 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 06:30 PM

As you can see going back back to 2009, this level has been a pivot zone for a long time.

Silver could really get going if it can just bust out over $19 and hold it....pattern here over last 9 months or so actually looks a bit similar to 2010 just before the last big launch

si.png

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#1037 ryanoo

ryanoo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 660 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 06:46 PM

Senor

Japan is already tanking.  It's liquidity, not Japan's economy.

They were tanking hard even before Coronavirus, and the impact of their trade war with Korea is not yet factored in I think.  Q1 of 2020 will be really bad.  Japan is #2 in coronavirus negative impact.  

87270357_10213489292501640_1049910364734

87001060_10213489358423288_5347229159624

Edited by ryanoo, 19 February 2020 - 06:55 PM.

#1038 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 10:19 PM

Commoditities%2BVS.%2BStocks%2B2020.PNG

Edited by Russ, 19 February 2020 - 10:23 PM.

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#1039 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 11:07 PM

The 18 week cycle turns up at 7 weeks, and 9 year at 10 weeks,

so the question is what does it look like in low cycles through 2 to 7 weeks.

"marxism-lennonism-communism always fails and never worked, because I know

some of them, and they don't work"  M.Jordan

#1040 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 20 February 2020 - 04:56 AM

ism out this morning =48.1 folks manufacturing is indicating recession

the fed is trapped. they can check out but never leave. yes they are in hotel california  https://www.youtube....h?v=LarEzo6F4Dc

usual morning beat down , meeting buyers. the sector is under accumulation.   the fed is an engine of inflation . and to some that is now apparent

i have said that the march/may correction would be matched by the sept4 -present correction.  https://pbs.twimg.co...A1MWkAAZvG2.png

yes, i see there could be one more down, so i am using weakness to buy issues /indexes that i like . i am fully loaded right now

today, jupiter moves into capricorn. this will be felt in the markets. i look for stocks to get into correction mode. all the printing is not going to help right now. the reaction of what the fed will do will not be lost on gold

its time

"folks manufacturing is indicating recession"

dharma

Interest rates as well. 3 month treasury rates higher yield than 10 year treasury.

https://www.cnbc.com/us-markets/

Peace
johngeorge