the Dax and the American stock indexes

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 03:56 PM

I' m not the only one, it seems, to keep the Dax on my radar in order to understand the whole picture

https://www.investin...tates-200489379

BTW.....I'm betting the Dax will break above that line

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#2 dasein

dasein

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,696 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 06:17 PM

aww cmon Andrr Germany has been bearish for some time - 

best,
klh

#3 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 07:01 PM

looking at the spx I see two big drops, from 2000 to early 2003 and from 2008 to 2009. The same is true for the dax. Both these two big drops were announced by an indicator I' ve got for the Dax. Will next time be different ?  I don' t think so. Turning points more or less are in the same position for the spx and the dax on the time axis. In more recent times the dax has corrected more deeply than the spx and the reason is simple. In Europe no one printed the amount of money that was printed in the USA in the same period. However what matters to me is the position of turning points on the time axis. And the two indexes are quite similar. Bad new is that the Dax indicator I said before is slowly getting to the point from where previous bear markets started. 

We have two choices : a) thinking that the spx will go up forever B) preparing for the next bear market when the right indicator gets to its target. I opt for the second.

#4 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 07:02 PM

looking at the spx I see two big drops, from 2000 to early 2003 and from 2008 to 2009. The same is true for the dax. Both these two big drops were announced by an indicator I' ve got for the Dax. Will next time be different ?  I don' t think so. Turning points more or less are in the same position for the spx and the dax on the time axis. In more recent times the dax has corrected more deeply than the spx and the reason is simple. In Europe no one printed the amount of money that was printed in the USA in the same period. However what matters to me is the position of turning points on the time axis. And the two indexes are quite similar. Bad new is that the Dax indicator I said before is slowly getting to the point from where previous bear markets started. 

We have two choices : 1) thinking that the spx will go up forever 2) preparing for the next bear market when the right indicator gets to its target. I opt for the second.

Edited by andr99, 02 December 2019 - 07:02 PM.