Turn Risk Windows for Next Week

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Douglas

Douglas

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 08 February 2020 - 08:14 AM

According to my turn system, the days with the highest risk of a turn or acceleration of the current trend next week are Thursday and Friday February the 13th and 14th.  Like last week my gut says that Monday the 10th should also be included given the buy the dippers' and FED pumpers' total abhorrence of two down days in a row. 

Last week my gut was right about a Monday turn.  Tuesday identified by my system was an acceleration day to the upside, but it was so close to the turn Monday that I think I have to debit my system with a miss on that one.  The Friday turn call was a direct hit,   The lunatics will be out in full force early next week due to the full moon madness market weakness territory.  Monday might just turn out to be a classic battle of lunar tidal forces versus FED pumps and buy the dippers to determine if the turn this past Friday was just a one day wonder.

A few days a ago I caught a cold from a sneezy neighbour.  It's crickets around the house.  My pub buddies are avoiding me like I got the plague, and this is just a garden variety common cold.  If my experience is anything like what is going on across the globe with this coronavirus thing, the GDP (at least from ale buying) is going to take one heck of a hit this quarter.  

Regards,

Douglas

#2 ryanoo

ryanoo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 660 posts

Posted 08 February 2020 - 09:59 AM

A few days a ago I caught a cold from a sneezy neighbour.  It's crickets around the house.  My pub buddies are avoiding me like I got the plague, and this is just a garden variety common cold.  

Are you sure? LOL!

Factories are down in Japan, Korea and probably in Europe and around the world due to supply disruptions.

From next year I am getting (something for pneumonia -- there seems to be such a thing) along with my regular flu shot

#3 LMF

LMF

• Traders-Talk User
  • 801 posts

Posted 08 February 2020 - 10:12 AM

Next week, the week after the first Friday in February is good. Up 8-2 since 2010 on the NDX with average gain almost 0.80 prrcent. From the year long bottom formation on the QQQ chart.....the price target is around 240. Closed Friday around 229 so more left to go.

#4 Douglas

Douglas

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 08 February 2020 - 11:42 AM

Ryanoo, be careful of those flu shots.  A neighbour of mine took one, got the flu immediately and came down with a severe nervous system disorder which temporarily paralyzed her called Guillain-Barre Syndrome (Google it with flu shot).  

LMF, since the FED Head testifies in the middle of next week, I assume the pumps will be running overdrive to ensure no market embarrassments while he's in the doc talking.  An up week would seem to be very likely.  That said, the economic impact of this virus thing is being severely underestimated, but today lies are the new "different truth" with fake spin being applied everywhere.  The truth doesn't matter.  What people believe to be the truth matters.  Only in hindsight will the economic damage be obvious and by then the news will be on to the next big thing.  Investing in the age of boundless central bank liquidity and fake news is simple, just keep buying the dip (that is until just before the last one).

Regards,

Douglas

Edited by Douglas, 08 February 2020 - 11:44 AM.

#5 LMF

LMF

• Traders-Talk User
  • 801 posts

Posted 08 February 2020 - 12:34 PM

Im age 60 something and I know I would get sick as a dog if I got one of those shots. Getting a bug from my grand kids would be easy compared to getting it directly injected.....and I hardly ever get the flu anyway.

The Friday and Tuesday around Presidents Day can often be profit taking days.

Edited by LMF, 08 February 2020 - 12:36 PM.

#6 ryanoo

ryanoo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 660 posts

Posted 08 February 2020 - 03:43 PM

Ryanoo, be careful of those flu shots.  A neighbour of mine took one, got the flu immediately and came down with a severe nervous system disorder which temporarily paralyzed her called Guillain-Barre Syndrome (Google it with flu shot).  

I got flu since age 14, not every winter but often, so I got the shots nearly every fall.  I think it helped me avoid it more often than not, but not always.  

I got the two shingles shot recently, both me and wife.  The amount of pain and suffering from it was so bad that I joked to my wife, that the real thing probably will be less painful.  Going with the recommendations by the professionals should be a little safer, right?

#7 Douglas

Douglas

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 08 February 2020 - 11:50 PM

Ryanoo, I was an electrical engineer not a doctor, so I don't know diddly squat about medicine.  I just don't trust anything that I read these days and only about half of what I see with my own two eyes (especially on TV).  Some say cynic, but I'm really just old and crotchety.  If your mother tells you she loves you, check it out before you buy her flowers. 

I take that back.  I do trust the buy-the-dippers to be there Monday with cash in hand.  To paraphrase Buzz Lightyear the DOW's going, "To infinity and beyond!".

Regards,

Douglas

#8 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 02:03 AM

Dont get flu shots or hepatitis vaccines. bastages use aborted baby fetus tissue to create it , effing savages

#9 slupert

slupert

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 04:34 PM

A few days a ago I caught a cold from a sneezy neighbour.  It's crickets around the house.  My pub buddies are avoiding me like I got the plague, and this is just a garden variety common cold.  

Are you sure? LOL!

Factories are down in Japan, Korea and probably in Europe and around the world due to supply disruptions.

From next year I am getting (something for pneumonia -- there seems to be such a thing) along with my regular flu shot

What's the worst possible thing to happen to a co. that sells their product retail?...…. Getting caught without any product on the shelves! Right form the get go, Chinese manufacturers protected themselves by dual sourcing. For example, they would have say, 85% of their product produced in China, and to insure against possible shortfall, they would have 15% or more produced here. The price of the American production is more costly, but it is all factored in to the equation. Now, with Chinese production being down or disrupted, they will increase the amount being manufactured in the U.S. It will lower their margins , bit if the cupboard is bare and they try a competitors product they might not come back.