golds next leg higher

• Please log in to reply
859 replies to this topic

#791 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,047 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 09:19 AM

PL 4 hour chart not a pretty sight after failing to reclaim to 200....

This kind of break often leads to extended declines, so until PL can reclaim 850, could be stale money for a while....whether it be just a few days or many months...

pl.png

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#792 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 09:20 AM

PLN looking like it will bust 800, means 760.

#793 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 09:55 AM

dsi obviously for yesterday, it is always for yesterday

gold=90  overdone

silver=87

platinum=77

well the hawks are inside the 10 , instead of handing the ball to the beast, carroll decides to pass , its intercepted and the pats win

another super bowl! that has to be one of the worst calls i have ever seen.

the dsi is a solid indicator it is saying correction. i see heliocentric mercury in sagittarius until the 28, golds rise doesnt have to last for the whole cycle, but heliocentric mercury in sagittarius is and has been a solid indicator for a rise in gold.alas ,its coming to an end.

at the least we are going to have a pause here. as kwave is pointing out the troops are drunk and are not following the bullish path higher.  but have no fear , the congress is talking about another large helicopter drop. unbelievable, but that is what is happening. . some of these juniors are on steroids. fortunately , i have some steeds. i can wait

dharma

#794 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 10:17 AM

dharma, thanks for the astro

#795 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,047 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 10:57 AM

Hopefully most on this board learned something from February.....

This is NOT pretty action here today folks, and could get a lot worse before it gets better again...no other way to describe it as anything other than a MASSIVE failure to launch.

Gold will hold up the best at the beginning, but I would get the heck outta Dodge if GLD does not hold 166 today....

And if 164 gets taken out, will be signaling a more major reversal...

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#796 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,047 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 12:11 PM

GLD 1 min chart...if that 900 goes bye bye, could be the start of an extended rollover....

gld.png

#797 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 03:08 PM

thanks Kwave. not making this easy are they

#798 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 03:20 PM

dharma, thanks for the astro

ok on that note, venus goes direct tomorrow about 1/2 hour after the opening . the broad market went on a tear after venus 

retrograde, so w/venus(finances ) going direct tomorrow that would reverse. now gold is /was captive to the broad market. ie  bmarket crashes , gold and the miners go behind the woodshed w/it.  my account hit new forever highs yesterday, i am in deep study of a new miner to me so i have done some selling  to have cash for such an event. now keep in mind the treasury and president are cooking up a new plan to get money in the hands of the consumer.  when that is announced , whatever it is , gold will 

take off again. its no longer a mystery like w/ruben and the strong dollar policy as qe was massive at the time.  the market is more astute now a new wave of corona to be met w/a new wave of freshly printed greenbacks.   this next wave higher has either started and is about to have a correction, or this correction will then kick off the next wave.

dharma

#799 ryanoo

ryanoo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 660 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 03:47 PM

correction so soon after an apparent breakout?  market today, at least gld looks similar in technicals to the late december 2019 breakout with some small differences.  both times, price broke out after consolidation, price above the upper BB, RSI5 both overbought showing strength, and MACD making the positive move after the (negative) consolidation.  So tomorrow will show us quickly if the breakout this time has any leg, similar to the december breakout, or not.  important difference is, in december we did not have the virus, and the consolidation was longer and rsi5 was stronger.

105968391_10214422308266451_241161364657

#800 ryanoo

ryanoo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 660 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 05:11 PM

Meanwhile, the overall death rate in USA keeps marching relentlessly towards zero....

death.png

KWave, this is what I meant about the time lag between confirmed cases and deaths.  The states with increasing cases should not be complacent.  Also the demographic that shows younger people getting infected more, this makes sense because the reopening will drive more younger folks to socialize unprotected, but they will likely spread to the older folks with some time lag.   The complacency of this country, after seeing what's going on in China at the initial outbreak, led to the worst condition in the world.  This time they in the states with increasing-cases should learn and be more ready.  But knowing this country, they will repeat the catastrophe again and again ad infinitum and blame someone else.  
105677041_10214422647114922_653998549799

Edited by ryanoo, 24 June 2020 - 05:11 PM.