golds next leg higher

• Please log in to reply
859 replies to this topic

#831 jabat

jabat

• Traders-Talk User
  • 605 posts

Posted 26 June 2020 - 05:45 PM

Quarterly closing price of  $1772 is very important for next week.

https://kingworldnew...pens-next-week/

#832 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,047 posts

Posted 27 June 2020 - 04:24 PM

is it absurd to think Silver is putting n a H&S bottom (yes i know that if I had 5 cents for every H&S bottom seen that did not materilalize I would be rich)

Bottom was mid march. targets 27 which seem absurd in the ST

#833 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,047 posts

Posted 27 June 2020 - 04:32 PM

can we start of NEW THREAD?

#834 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,047 posts

Posted 27 June 2020 - 05:41 PM

Check out VOLUME coming in on FSM

#835 ryanoo

ryanoo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 660 posts

Posted 27 June 2020 - 07:37 PM

is it absurd to think Silver is putting n a H&S bottom (yes i know that if I had 5 cents for every H&S bottom seen that did not materilalize I would be rich)

Bottom was mid march. targets 27 which seem absurd in the ST

that would be bueno.  that i-h&s may be seen a cup and handle too. 

there are actually two more c&h with the march bottom.  one c&h has handle in late march early april, with target about 18 which is met, another c&h has handle mid april mid may with target a little over 20.  This c&h which has its handle being formed in june has the same target as the inverse h&s.  so, the target 26-27 should be met in the next 3 months or so.

#836 ryanoo

ryanoo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 660 posts

Posted 27 June 2020 - 09:20 PM

Silver Is Still Cheap For Now

"On the chart, the first phase of the silver bull market was from 1993 to the end of 2001, and the second phase is from 2001 to the 2020 and beyond.

It appears that there is a similarity between the two phases. I have drawn some lines, and marked some patterns to show how they could be similar."

"As long as silver is below the blue broadening channel it is extremely cheap. Just like it was from about September 2000 to November 2003 when it was below the black broadening channel. => This is near $100

So, if you missed out on buying silver in 1999 to 2003, then now is your chance.

After breaking down from the channel there was a consolidation that ended at a new point 1. The first phase managed to get back inside the broadening channel again. If the current pattern follows and do the same (by getting inside the channel), then we will see some high silver prices, but still not expensive.

Only near the top of the broadening channel would I consider silver to be relatively expensive."

the top of the broadening channel  is about $1,000 !!!  So buy around $18 and sell at $1,000 over the next decade.

image-5.png

https://hubertmoolma...-cheap-for-now/

Silver is especially a good investment as the equity return over the next decade is expected to be worse than -1.3% annually, inflation adjusted.

https://pbs.twimg.co...=jpg&name=small

"Based on the year-end 2019 allocation level, that model projected a 10-year inflation-adjusted return of negative 1.3% annualized."

Edited by ryanoo, 27 June 2020 - 09:21 PM.

#837 tradesurfer

tradesurfer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 27 June 2020 - 11:18 PM

18 to 1000 would be a 55 bagger.... then what is even the point of owning mining stocks ?   Might as well just go all in on silver and just relax....

#838 tradesurfer

tradesurfer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 28 June 2020 - 10:33 AM

Thanks Senorbs for pointing that out.

I just looked at the monthly SILVER/SPX Ratio chart. Wow. The macd line is about to cross above the zero level which means a huge long term northward breakout in this ratio

Do not know if that will happen in July August or September bit sure does look positive at this juncture

At first I thought a broad market selloff would take the GDX down hard again like we saw in Feb March... but now it starting to look like GDX will blast higher on stock market weakness, the opposite of what happened before.

take a look at some of the miner/Dow or S&P ratio charts - IMO looks potentially explosive

Senor

#839 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,047 posts

Posted 28 June 2020 - 06:35 PM

$XAU:SPY weekly 50 and 200 MA cross. last time it did this was 2002 and you know the rest

Edited by dougie, 28 June 2020 - 06:37 PM.

#840 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,761 posts

Posted 28 June 2020 - 08:12 PM

Silver trading above Friday's high....

Can we PLEASE finally have the gap n go above the downtrend line???

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy