Gold/Silver Ratio highest in over 5000 years

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#11 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,995 posts

Posted 29 March 2020 - 05:49 PM

"In short, I can’t say exactly what has driven this ratio to the highest level in some 5,120 years, but it does prove one thing beyond a doubt:  the financial markets are in an extraordinary, unprecedented situation.

One view of the ratio, by Wheaton Precious Metals1, is that the ratio is “an indicator of the global monetary condition.” According to their analysis, “during periods of inflationary monetary proliferation, the ratio falls. During eras of deflationary monetary destruction, the ratio rises. To put it plainly, these highs are alerting us to a pervasive capital shortage.” That agrees with what I found, that the ratio tends to rise when inflation expectations fall. It would also explain why this historical high coincides with the most powerful coordinated central bank injection of funds since the Global Financial Crisis, and indeed perhaps ever.It would also go along with the widening currency basis and the Fed’s move to make currency swaps more available. Perhaps the 5,000-year high in this indicator is warning us of a tremendous deflationary period ahead."   https://www.nasdaq.c...ears-2020-03-17

031720mg1.png?itok=Vsi8rv-s

5 trillion dollars sounds like quite the shortage to me....

can i get some shortage please?

#12 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,995 posts

Posted 29 March 2020 - 05:50 PM

there is no question in my mind that we are and have been in a huge deflationary period. i have shown charts of mining indexes/gold where in about 08-09 period the miners continued to lose ground to gold into the present date.  `so to my mind this is obvious. i dont remember when i came on board here, back then to the present i have been saying we are going to see a redeux of the 70s w/stagflation as the prominent factor.  all the printing that we are seeing by the fed and congress will be the start of that.  and that is when the miners will be the best investment class on the board. we have entered into  the depression , this virus is the kickoff.     i believe we will see silver , poor mans gold , when the public wakes up this is where they will run. it hasnt started yet. 

i am believer in the great cycle so named by wd gann. the 90  year cycle , go back to 1842, 1932 , and 2022-3  for the bottom in the stock market . avi gilburt and martin armstrong are calling for new highs in the broad market.  i dont doubt that but i think when the music stops  there will be no safety nets

dharma

yesterday i saw videos of folks standing on lines in the cold trying to get into hospitals  how about some money for hospitals and decent  health care.  when do the citizens get humane treatment  this situation is getting really bad.  do all you can to stay inside and healthy . there is no one going to ride in on a white horse to save you

yes! 1941 the ration was super high too and that was when we were coming out of deflationary period as i recall

#13 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,895 posts

Posted 30 March 2020 - 07:51 AM

we will see if we may have had a 1 down and this is a 2 up from that 128 area blowoff high

Senor

#14 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,895 posts

Posted 16 April 2020 - 06:02 PM

I keep looking at the weekly GSR chart and the parabolic rise looks done and if we break sharply lower here I got nothing but AIR down to the 90 area

#15 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 17 April 2020 - 09:55 AM

David Morgan - 5000-year Record High In Gold Silver Ratio Forecasting Worst Financial Crisis Ahead...

https://www.youtube....h?v=uHqHRHy3r9A

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#16 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,895 posts

Posted 25 April 2020 - 12:19 PM

I keep looking at both the silver chart and the GSR chart and I think we are very close to an upside acceleration in silver and smash down on the GSR, we see

#17 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 25 April 2020 - 02:39 PM

Hadik says not this coming week but the week after. bull.gif

#18 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,895 posts

Posted 25 April 2020 - 04:31 PM

Hadik says not this coming week but the week after. bull.gif

That's the kind of "close" I am thinking - within a few weeks perhaps

#19 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,591 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 10:01 AM

well i bought silver miners. it is difficult to find pure silver plays 

there are a few out there. but the silver:gold ratio  is coming in rapidly

it is saying inflation is coming.   and that is when you want to own silver so the deflationary forces are in motion

and the govt/fed are fighting it.  ensuring a bigger mess

dharma

#20 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 10:30 PM

If silver starts in two weeks, what does that do for gold stocks. or just no relationship?

If XAU lagged $Gold lately, why silver stocks instead of silver, what is best way to have physical silver?

What are the best silver stocks more or less guaranteed to participate, usually its the largest caps?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by AChartist, 18 May 2020 - 10:38 PM.

"marxism-lennonism-communism always fails and never worked, because I know

some of them, and they don't work"  M.Jordan