Monster Rally Ahead

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 .Blizzard

.Blizzard

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 22 March 2020 - 03:12 PM

Based on CFD of IG, there will be another gap down at open on futures.
There are some news about the possibility that the Stock Exchange could be closed for some days...but..
Well, my feeling is that this week will start a huge rally.
I mean at least 20%.
In any case do not stay short

#2 .Blizzard

.Blizzard

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 22 March 2020 - 05:03 PM

Adding to long at 2178

#3 .Blizzard

.Blizzard

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 22 March 2020 - 05:04 PM

Limit down 2174

#4 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,048 posts

Posted 22 March 2020 - 05:34 PM

Catching knives is something i was never good at but I think you are right....

#5 orange

orange

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 22 March 2020 - 05:46 PM

Dude, we just consolidated for a week and broke down through the range. Expect 10% down from Fridays close. Sadly, I only had a few small positions short.

One thing that drives me nuts in this type of environment is the amount of great trades I miss. With the right plays the last month you could easily have become a millionaire starting with $5,000. Does anyone know how you get over the mental state where you constantly regret not risking more $$$ for potential trades which make 10+ bags?

Pigs get slaughtered, but I still have trouble being content with good trades when I could have YOLO'd. I regret it every time...

"When your position is underwater, average down" - Professional Trader

#6 gismeu

gismeu

• Traders-Talk User
  • 908 posts

Posted 22 March 2020 - 05:49 PM

Dude, we just consolidated for a week and broke down through the range. Expect 10% down from Fridays close. Sadly, I only had a few small positions short.

One thing that drives me nuts in this type of environment is the amount of great trades I miss. With the right plays the last month you could easily have become a millionaire starting with $5,000. Does anyone know how you get over the mental state where you constantly regret not risking more $$$ for potential trades which make 10+ bags?
Pigs get slaughtered, but I still have trouble being content with good trades when I could have YOLO'd. I regret it every time...

You have to stop regretting it and just be happy to have made money. Then you’ll get better!

gis
If you can't buy Happiness, STEAL IT!

#7 .Blizzard

.Blizzard

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 22 March 2020 - 05:50 PM

I made a small fortune during the 2008 crash...

#8 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 22 March 2020 - 05:51 PM

Monster crash tomorrow  (Monday)?

Placing orders to buy some more. Impossible to resist these bargain prices.

Good thing I will not need the money for several years, so why not buy at lower prices than past 3 years?

Of course DOW can go to 15,000 but in the meanwhile you get paid dividends to wait it out.

Watch the sky!!

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#9 Waver

Waver

• Traders-Talk User
  • 802 posts

Posted 22 March 2020 - 05:57 PM

Yea very irresistible

50% of the DOWs 2009 bull market gains have disappeared as of tonight.

Almost 11 years of bull market gains disappeared in just 23 trading days.

Have to start accumulating some.
At the very least there should be some sort of snap back rally.

#10 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 22 March 2020 - 06:17 PM

I'm not buying any more after this unless there is a big breakthrough with the medications

and a big change in infections. Who knows where this turns, it could go to 500.

I missed the whole short, so I don't have gains to buffer being wrong.