Bear market

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,433 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 11:38 AM

new lows ahead. It will be the quickest bear market ever, but it is what it is....a bear market, not just a correction. Which means another leg down like the first one more or less, at the horizon.  

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#2 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,001 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 11:55 AM

new lows ahead. It will be the quickest bear market ever, but it is what it is....a bear market, not just a correction. Which means another leg down like the first one more or less, at the horizon.  

I was watching CNBC and almost all of their guest analysts are saying the same thing; I do not remember any of them warning of the 30% percent crash? I find it odd that they're all now unanimous that we're going to retest the lows.

#3 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,433 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 12:02 PM

I was watching CNBC and almost all of their guest analysts are saying the same thing; I do not remember any of them warning of the 30% percent crash? I find it odd that they're all now unanimous that we're going to retest the lows.

that is worrysome to me......I would prefer that the train was less crowded

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#4 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,722 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 12:02 PM

Yep....I think he used the wrong tense on the verb.

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#5 Ticker

Ticker

• Traders-Talk User
  • 254 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 12:19 PM

The institutional funds are rebalancing into stocks from bonds. I think this will occur into the end of the month. Next leg down in early April. The smart money is front running intuitions and riding the wave up to about SP 2700. It concerns me CNBC guests agree as well.

#6 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,001 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 12:21 PM

that is worrysome to me......I would prefer that the train was less crowded

Peter Boockvar, smart guy, was on and said the he believed that bottom is in. I also believe that, but I think the top is also being made .

#7 LMF

LMF

• Traders-Talk User
  • 801 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 12:21 PM

If the major averages just touch the 200 day MA on a bounce, the retest theory is most likely out the window. Go check 2009......the 200 is the line in the sand. It keeps going until the 200 gets in the way......

#8 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 12:25 PM

Glad I'm not trading options in any way or futures and stops.

The market can do whatever it wants, I am in no hurry and under no obligation to sell. 

#9 LMF

LMF

• Traders-Talk User
  • 801 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 12:42 PM

The top is definitely in except for perhaps marginal new highs here and there this year. A large cup formation this year would be a good setup for beyond the election.

#10 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,523 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 12:46 PM

Glad I'm not trading options in any way or futures and stops.

The market can do whatever it wants, I am in no hurry and under no obligation to sell. 

Selling options is the way to go,,, way out of the money!