Better Cover

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 MikeyG

MikeyG

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 05 April 2020 - 08:00 PM

Bearish fantasies are turning into a nightmare.

Just getting started!

Edited by MikeyG, 05 April 2020 - 08:00 PM.

mdgcapital@protonmail.com  

papilioinvest.com

@papilioinvest

"One soul is worth more than the whole world." 

#2 orange

orange

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 05 April 2020 - 08:31 PM

Can't cover when your short the SPY via options! sweatingbullets.gifswoon.gif

"When your position is underwater, average down" - Professional Trader

#3 trioderob

trioderob

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 05 April 2020 - 08:37 PM

Bearish fantasies are turning into a nightmare.

Just getting started!

oh sure you can get betters numbers when you lock down the whole of New York city - but here is my question for you

what happens when the city is not locked down anymore ???

#4 Darris

Darris

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 05 April 2020 - 08:46 PM

No wonder SPY shot up from 250 to 255 at 8pm EST when TDameritrade allows trading in spy to resume. Hedging those puts.

#5 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,578 posts

Posted 06 April 2020 - 09:06 AM

No wonder SPY shot up from 250 to 255 at 8pm EST when TDameritrade allows trading in spy to resume. Hedging those puts.

Allowed trading what does that mean?  

#6 Darris

Darris

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 06 April 2020 - 09:31 AM

I am familiar with two brokerage firms.  TD Ameritrade and Interactive Brokers.  In the last year or so, TD opened up trading in ETFs like SPY QQQ and maybe a few other highly liquid ETFs for around the clock trading.  Futures open at 6pm EST and TD "allows" trading to occur at 8pm EST on Sunday evening for the ETFs they have choosen.  TD does not allow trading on all ETFs until like 7am EST Monday - Friday, where as Interactive Brokers or IB allows trading to resume for all ETFs and stocks at 4am EST.  IB does not offer any ETF or stock trading on Sunday and no trading from 8pm thru 4am during the week.  Each brokerage can be different and "allow" trading of various instruments at various times.  TD started zero commission ETF and Stock trading last year, so these off hours executions are commission free.  I have watched SPY from time to time and the spread is not that bad, and I would say about a dime if the futures are not moving too fast.

#7 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,578 posts

Posted 06 April 2020 - 09:37 AM

Aw interesting, I use RJ Obrian for selling options and Interactive trading the ES which is open the same time that the CME opens it.  Don't really see why they are even allowed to raise margins but they did and now that volatility is coming down so are they.  I preferred the old days when no matter what happened margins never changed.  Didn't change until 9/11!!!   

#8 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,823 posts

Posted 06 April 2020 - 10:13 AM

SOX just needs to punch through 1550, and should be off to the races....

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy