Photo

Why SPX has not bottomed, expect a huge decline, possibly below SPX 1500assive hit

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#11 .Blizzard

.Blizzard

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 14 April 2020 - 08:57 PM

Jzdni7.png

#12 Dex

Dex

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 14 April 2020 - 09:20 PM

https://school.stock..._wedge_reversal

look at the sp ... see one?

"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. "
17_16

#13 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,796 posts

Posted 15 April 2020 - 07:20 AM

hate to do tihs, but it's part of my strategy:

ES more than 2%  down so I buy ONE ES as 

a partial hedge against SPY puts

add to CRUDE LONGS, now 14 minis

daytrading NQ, not as good as yesterday - will it ever be so good - but good short trades, hit & run, not trying nothing too risky in pre-cash session

#14 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,796 posts

Posted 15 April 2020 - 07:27 AM

Short term headwinds for stocks: Our $SPY Optimism Index has reached 98, the highest level in almost a decade When short term optimism was this high in the past, the S&P usually pulled back in the short term

#15 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,796 posts

Posted 15 April 2020 - 07:29 AM

My Tactical Strategy * Moved to net short this week Yesterday I added a number of trading short rentals (e.g., $MSFT and $AAPL) and peeled off some $GOOGL and $AMZN, after taking on a large $SPY put position late last week. I start the day net short but with S&P

#16 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,796 posts

Posted 15 April 2020 - 07:31 AM

Narratives by some fin tv commentators and many "talking heads" are simply made up and non rigorous. Answers to any question on any subject are routinely given despite a limited body of knowledge on the subject. Sound bytes work in bull markets but not when the tide goes out.
Narratives by some fin tv commentators and many "talking heads" are simply made up and non rigorous. Answers to any question on any subject are routinely given despite a limited body of knowledge on the subject. Sound bytes work in bull markets but not when the tide goes out.

#17 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,733 posts

Posted 15 April 2020 - 07:44 AM

Thanks d love the read, you pick out the news perfectly!  Not surprised the market is down at least premarket was a little to exuberant yesterday I thought besides the fact that as the last expiration cycle hit the record books for the biggest down this one is the biggest up so so things are looking a little frothy for sure!  Be interesting on how the day will turn out!!  

#18 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,733 posts

Posted 15 April 2020 - 07:47 AM

Besides the fact looking at the calls that expire this Friday still having incredible amounts of premium shows a little to much bullishness here!!

#19 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,101 posts

Posted 15 April 2020 - 08:41 AM

Bulls have to pay the "premium" for the irrational exuberance in this monthly OpEx week .........................

Edited by redfoliage2, 15 April 2020 - 08:49 AM.

#20 traderx

traderx

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 15 April 2020 - 08:50 AM

Besides the fact looking at the calls that expire this Friday still having incredible amounts of premium shows a little to much bullishness here!!

Where is the web site where you find this?