7 replies to this topic

#1 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,456 posts

Posted 15 April 2020 - 06:41 AM

https://www.atptour.com/en/tournaments

ATP tournaments suspended till July

What will the consequences of the prolongued lockdown be on stock markets ? Already priced in or still to be priced ?

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#2 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,735 posts

Posted 15 April 2020 - 07:24 AM

I know, they wont let us play here either although there about to open the golf courses!  Pretty simple, stay apart, sanatize hands before and after playing and strangely all I see on everything are ads about hitting tennis balls on an elastic thing!  there obviously listening lol!!!

#3 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,433 posts

Posted 15 April 2020 - 07:59 AM

Not sure how old you are, but........

1968 Pandemic (H3N2 virus)

The 1968 pandemic was caused by an influenza A (H3N2) virus comprised of two genes from an avian influenza A virus, including a new H3 hemagglutinin, but also contained the N2 neuraminidase from the 1957 H2N2 virus. It was first noted in the United States in September 1968. The estimated number of deaths was 1 million worldwide and about 100,000 in the United States. Most excess deaths were in people 65 years and older.

The difference is they did not shut down the entire world, despite its lethality. Perhaps less people would have died if we had.

And this WILL NOT be the last one of these to come along. We need to come up a better way to protect the vulnerable without complete shutdowns.

And if that cannot be figured out, or is simply deemed impossible, then we need to stop whining about being shutdown on the rare occasions that it happens, and just deal with it as very temporary situation.

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#4 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,456 posts

Posted 15 April 2020 - 08:08 AM

hi 12spx, this quarantine is only good for my right shoulder and the stretched lower muscles of my legs that haven' t yet recovered from injury, a couple of years ago. I would have had to stop for much longer than I did, but how can I stay away from hardly defeating my usual tennis sparring partner who is still convinced after so much time that he can overcome me ? He is an egocentric of first class and he can' t accept to be defeated so that I do my best to do exactly that. A few years ago I gave him 6-0, 6-0 in little more than half an hour and he didn' t talk to me for a week. He told me that a good friend wouldn' t do what I did and I told him that I was a little bit annoyed so that I played my best to see the maximum that I could do. And what I could do  was leaving him on the whole a number of points that can be counted on the fingers of two hands. I' m still laughing when I think to that. If he wasn' t so egocentric probably i would let him win once in an while. But he is so egocentric that he is irritating most of times, he is always the best and he always knows everything better. Over the years I have demonstrated to him that he doesn' t know tennis better than I know it. What he doesn' t know is that when I was a kid, I was asked to reach a large national tennis school where talents can grow. I said No please, I don' t want to leave my family and my friends and by the way I' m pretty sure I won' t live on tennis when adult. 

Edited by andr99, 15 April 2020 - 08:11 AM.

#5 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,456 posts

Posted 15 April 2020 - 08:40 AM

making the count better, the first injury to left leg lower muscle was three years ago and it forced me to get back home walking on one leg. The second injury this time to right leg lower muscle was a year later and that time too i went home on one leg. Both times I heard a bass noise when I broke my legs' lower muscles, but I recovered  by myself after some time, even though not completely probably. Tennis can be a hard beast if you think you can play it like you were still in your twenties

Edited by andr99, 15 April 2020 - 08:47 AM.

#6 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,735 posts

Posted 15 April 2020 - 08:58 AM

It'd be fun to play for sure I have a few people the same andr!!  I do love my tennis always have!  I'm older but in great shape Kwave and wasn't old enough in 68 however the H1N1 thing a few years ago was about the same!  Im not a conspiracy guy but I think its ridiculous to be shutting down the world over this.  I feel bad for the elderly and health endangered but come on, I know this sounds rude but its not like Contagion where everyone died!!  haven't seen my grandma in a couple months to be smart and a tennis friend who has a daughter with a condition but I feel fine going out to store etc with smart decisions of sanatizing but the funny thing is I've always done it anyhow.  In my view this has something to do with getting interest rates down even more to keep the party going in the long run cause people and the governments were maxing out.  When this is done I doubt rates will go back up again.  Its all very interesting gotta say but is fun to trade, I've never made so much on my sold put premium trades last month and now this month.  Even call premiums were pretty good.  I think next month may be a bit challenging as we figure out where were going here so we'll see, gotta tell myself to not be greedy lol!!!

#7 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,735 posts

Posted 15 April 2020 - 09:14 AM

making the count better, the first injury to left leg lower muscle was three years ago and it forced me to get back home walking on one leg. The second injury this time to right leg lower muscle was a year later and that time too i went home on one leg. Both times I heard a bass noise when I broke my legs' lower muscles, but I recovered  by myself after some time, even though not completely probably. Tennis can be a hard beast if you think you can play it like you were still in your twenties

Yes thats true the past few years I have a regimented stretching program and core workouts which is amazing for helping me to keep it all together.  I also have an incredible shoulder exercise I was taught to keep my rotator cuff strong throughout!

#8 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,456 posts

Posted 15 April 2020 - 09:34 AM

rotator cuff.......the big problem. I will have to do exercise myself