Photo

what's the "new normal " for life going to be like the next 6 months ?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 trioderob

trioderob

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 12:51 PM

so lets say we quickly start the process of opening up the USA

what will the business environment be like for the next half a year ?

when will people be willing to take the middle seat on an airplane ?

when will folks be willing to hang  out in a crowded nightclub ?

a ball game ?

a wedding with hundreds and a afterparty ?

a packed Church on Sunday ?

standing in line at Starbucks ?

working in a tight packed office ?

when can folks from other countries visit my area in southern California and fill hotels and restaurants ?  

when can kids pack in schools and eat in cafeterias ? 

when can the big shopping malls and food courts open ?

when can I travel somewhere outside the USA  ?

HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE FOR THIS ALL TO BE FIGURED OUT ?

#2 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,419 posts

Posted 19 April 2020 - 08:18 PM

The folks who live their lives in a constant state of fear may never get over COVID.

People like me are already over it.  Looks more and more like it will turn to be less of a problem for a reasonably healthy person than a common cold when all the estimated infection numbers come in.

I would happily do all of the above tomorrow. I literally have zero fear of this thing anymore. I have far more chance of dying in a car wreck than from this thing. Not planning on stopping driving either.

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#3 Dex

Dex

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 19 April 2020 - 08:35 PM

HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE FOR THIS ALL TO BE FIGURED OUT ?

Not until everyone has been vaccinated.  And that assumes there are no different strains in the future.

I'm in the at risk group - no health problems - but I won't be risking it.

"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. "
17_16

#4 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,733 posts

Posted 20 April 2020 - 08:53 AM

The folks who live their lives in a constant state of fear may never get over COVID.

People like me are already over it.  Looks more and more like it will turn to be less of a problem for a reasonably healthy person than a common cold when all the estimated infection numbers come in.

I would happily do all of the above tomorrow. I literally have zero fear of this thing anymore. I have far more chance of dying in a car wreck than from this thing. Not planning on stopping driving either.

true true, I'm there with ya!!  Gee's here they just  opened golf courses but no tennis courts!  Pretty simple to sanitize before and after playing!!