1292 replies to this topic

#1041 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 11:42 AM

kwave and senor, in no particular order

i think after the next rally we visit whatever lows we put in here

i watch my cycle work for indications of  bottom. so 1913, 1900, 1893 , 1873,1853,1833 1813   the last 4 #s are significant. in ending the decline. now, iin 40+yrs of doing this i have never seen a major correction in the broad market where the gold market did not take a hit.  so , that is a concern, but i think that happens after there is no one president after the election. 

anyway,  i am concerned but not at the edge of my seat.  sure my portfolio is taking a hit.  i understand the risks.  whatever happens here if it becomes very serious will be met w/money printing. on that i have no doubt.   i have had several stocks that are up ,even after today 4and 500 % so i take money out for these occasions , i dont like putting it back in. but this is an opportunity.  the election is right around the corner.  they are going to print , if it gets more serous. so , of course i am concerned.

1954 is the start of the next higher cycle , it tells me , its failure, that more work needs to be done to pursue higher numbers.i dont have downside targets, i watch the #s they will tell me what i need to know. so far 1893 is acting as strong support the hourly chart got oversold . we are consolidating. what happens next will give me more information. i see investors that came into the space where i roam in the market. ie the juniors. big money has taken stakes. by the way sprott bought 70million of first majestic.  this is not the same market as previous years.  i am not the only one who sees the destruction of the currency.   big money sees what is happening. buffet taking a stake in the sector tells me investors see miners make money so it is worth them taking a stake.  and even @1700-1800 miners still make very good returns.  this is like any other biz. and w/oil hitting the skids miners costs go down. they have yet to make the mistakes of previous bull markets. that phase of greed is coming. but for now they are mean and lean. juniors are cashed up . unlike the time of 13-18 there is money being thrown at the juniors. yes this is another middle of the night bombing run by the banksters, who are the big short in the sector.   my guess is they reduce their exposure. 

dharma

#1042 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 01:14 PM

bears have control of the ball at the 30

and bears make that last drive to the goal line

Edited by dougie, 21 September 2020 - 01:15 PM.

#1043 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 01:16 PM

Big floor area on SI at 26.....if bulls lose that, then the abyss door open for a bit.....

don't like this, exited half of what was a 30% long position pre market have orders in to exit the rest, charts look very vulnerable to me and if we don't reverse higher quickly it could get very ugly, just my take and as always DYODD

Senor

got lucky KL spiked up decently after move below 50, out of rest of position and now out of all positions. maybe a mistake but rather be safe than sorry especially if we see another March type decline in generl mkt

Senor

great tradin Senor

#1044 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 01:21 PM

right now with this break i would think slv is heading down around 21 area fwiw that would be a .38 retrace of the whole move

feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#1045 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 02:10 PM

and  i will be buying on this dip i do believe the hui gets down to around 321 maybe a little lower

maybe even 315 i think this is the opportunity of a life time. of course i am always bullish because i am 

a bug ha ha but seriously the wave structure is pretty clear here we are in a iii of a C wave which will 

complete the whole correction i have a turn in gdx actually at the end of the week so the whole week sh

corrective most of the damage is done already imho

feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#1046 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,384 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 02:22 PM

GLD back testing the 179 area floor...with they be able to hold it until the close?

Or is this the back kiss before the next, bigger wave down?

Holding a floor reclaim today, followed by upside tomorrow could be sign Gold bulls still kicking after this sucker punch...

And if not, then down for the count they go for this fight....

Edited by K Wave, 21 September 2020 - 02:25 PM.

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#1047 CHAx

CHAx

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 02:41 PM

GLD back testing the 179 area floor...with they be able to hold it until the close?

Or is this the back kiss before the next, bigger wave down?

Holding a floor reclaim today, followed by upside tomorrow could be sign Gold bulls still kicking after this sucker punch...

And if not, then down for the count they go for this fight....

Got stopped out 928 PL @ BreakEven and SI at 26.8 small profit.   Now, we still have gold holding the line,  so I'm holding small position GC under water about 10 bucks.  Trying to decide if I get back long with stops in PL/SI or unload the gold and play short side again.  Very unclear spot, I admit.

#1048 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,384 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 02:45 PM

mutlti-timeframe look at GLD at key level.....

how it acts next couple of days could reveal a lot....

15 min - rolling over

gld15.png

30 min - bounced off potential support

gld30.png

and 60 min - could still be big drop ahead if 179 floor fails get reclaimed by bulls ASAP.

gld60.png

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#1049 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,384 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 03:04 PM

looks like we got a cliff hanger finish.....not surprising, eh?

#1050 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 03:10 PM

thinking out loud , i wonder if the gold/silver ratio challenges the all time here. on this decline?  do we need extremes here to get above the 1954? does the dsi need to get to 10? these are questions. i have.   my buys will be in the silver space as it is getting and will get pummeled to finish off this decline.  

dharma

/