I want to say one thing......

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 03:17 AM

pdx5.....I hadn' t and I haven' t any doubt that you are a very smart person................ 

Edited by andr99, 17 July 2020 - 03:17 AM.

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#12 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 03:59 AM

......99% of doctors I know were in big big troubles with the mathematics of high school, and sayng big troubles is an euphemism, I can' t imagine them handling electrotechnique with the phasors of tension and the phasors of current with the complex numbers theory, the Thevenin theorem...........the tri-phases electric-nets..................besides Bernoulli and hydraulics............and...........all the rest. They would go crazy. However..........  

#13 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 08:24 AM

Andr99....I agree with all your postulations except just only one statement....when you said "you are either infected or you are not".

Well...one of the method of testing if you are infected is detecting presence of antibodies in your blood.

If you were invaded by a smaller amount of covid-19 virus cells, your healthy body can fight it off and create anti-bodies in your system, and no symptoms or very mild symptoms show up, and then you recover and are completely symptom free. Although the test says you are positive, but in practical sense you are actually much better than someone hiding in his basement, because you now have some immunity. So you are NOT infected even if the test says you are. You are not exhaling more virus because your body has killed it all.

If you are invaded by a large amount of virus, it can multiply faster than your body's ability to kill it. That to me is the "infected" category. 

Edited by pdx5, 17 July 2020 - 08:30 AM.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#14 gm_general

gm_general

• TT Member+
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 10:42 AM

What if the antibodies developed or applied in a vaccine disappear within some time? What then?

https://www.zerohedg...covid-19-may-be

#15 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 11:28 AM

What if the antibodies developed or applied in a vaccine disappear within some time? What then?

https://www.zerohedg...covid-19-may-be

a vaccine is made to stimulate the creation by the human organism of antibodies able to hit a molecular sequence present on the virus membrane. Until the virus keeps that molecular sequence on its membrane, the vaccine will be effective. The virus can change, but until it keeps that molecular sequence it will be destroyed.................I think. 

Edited by andr99, 17 July 2020 - 11:29 AM.

#16 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 11:39 AM

I think it's not proper talking about virus cells. Cells are human or else, but not viral. A human cell contains both DNA and RNA while a virus is just made by a piece of DNA or a piece of RNA, but not both. A human RNA virus needs human DNA to replicate itself, that's why it enters the human body. Outside it wouldn' live long. So, better talking about viral units, I think. And the equation should be.........a higher viral charge on a surface or else which you come in contact with, the higher the probability to get infected. Viral charge is the concentration of viral units on that surface. Obviously even a low viral charge can infect you, but the probability increases with higher viral charges. This is what my common sense suggests to me. I hope I' m not wrong.  

#17 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 04:08 PM

...a human cell can duplicate by itself, a virus can duplicate only by using human cells. It's a big difference.....eh ?.    

Edited by andr99, 17 July 2020 - 04:10 PM.

#18 claire

claire

• Traders-Talk User
  • 649 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 06:18 PM

Andr99....I agree with all your postulations except just only one statement....when you said "you are either infected or you are not".

Well...one of the method of testing if you are infected is detecting presence of antibodies in your blood.

If you were invaded by a smaller amount of covid-19 virus cells, your healthy body can fight it off and create anti-bodies in your system, and no symptoms or very mild symptoms show up, and then you recover and are completely symptom free. Although the test says you are positive, but in practical sense you are actually much better than someone hiding in his basement, because you now have some immunity. So you are NOT infected even if the test says you are. You are not exhaling more virus because your body has killed it all.

If you are invaded by a large amount of virus, it can multiply faster than your body's ability to kill it. That to me is the "infected" category. 

There are a number of misconceptions in your armchair theorizing. It's not quite so simple and none of your statements is accurate.

First of all, an infectious disease is one that can be spread from one person to another. The "infected" carrier may or may not have symptoms. 

Infection is not synonymous with disease. There is also a difference between subclinical and clinically apparent infections. There are non-specific bodily defenses that can prevent or abort an infection with cell mediated immunity before antibody production occurs. 

Also, the initial infectious load is not necessarily related to the severity of symptoms or the amount of antibodies produced. For C-19, it's not yet clear how many viral particles need to be present for an infection to occur.

It also isn't clear why among apparently equally healthy young people (or even old people) who are seemingly exposed equally don't have the same consequences (eg, among people living together). One may be asymptomatic and the other one dies under conditions of mild exposure or greater exposure. But you continue to have confidence that some exposure to C-19 will serve the function of a vaccine and prime your body with antigens since you're so healthy and fit. You understand little about vaccines too, but that's another subject.

For C-19, it's been found that those infected are most likely to shed these pathogens days before or at the very beginning phase of symptoms, if they do develop symptoms. This is why I find it especially odious that you seem to use only yourself as a reference (even it it were true that you would do well) and seem to have no concern that you could be shedding the virus to others while gloriously symptom free.

If you're interested in understanding a bit more about immune defenses, and before making assertions not based in science, I suggest you start with this overview:   https://www.ncbi.nlm.../books/NBK8423/