last week

#2 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 21,998 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 10:20 AM

Not Bearish for the market.

Falling Bullishness in a rallying market. Amazing.

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#3 Darris

Darris

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 02:19 PM

NAAIM pretty high.

#4 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 21,998 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 03:23 PM

NAAIM pretty high.

Do you fade the pros or do you fade the amateurs? I think the pros are riding the obvious wave.

That said, I do get nervous when 3/4 of NAAIM is at least 3/4 long.

But I'm often nervous. LOL!

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:

#5 Darris

Darris

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 05:34 PM

Last 2.5 years you get a dip or more.  Prior, and be care with their historical dl as there are errors, 2/3 are OK. trailing stop will do week to week close, but no idea on intraweek DD.

#6 opinionated

opinionated

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,937 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 09:15 PM

but the put call ratio are at record lows... I think the fed has all the data skewed.

#7 Darris

Darris

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 24 July 2020 - 07:35 AM

From last week's OCC weekly report, the Small Traders put call ratio (Sell to open Puts--Divided by--Buy to open Calls) was 29%.  Wildly speculative.

#8 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 21,998 posts

Posted 25 July 2020 - 03:44 PM

From last week's OCC weekly report, the Small Traders put call ratio (Sell to open Puts--Divided by--Buy to open Calls) was 29%.  Wildly speculative.

I'm not saying it's wrong, but it doesn't jibe with ISEE.

https://www.nasdaq.c...vity/isee-index

"Investors often buy call and put options to express their actual market view of a particular stock, and because of that, opening such long transactions are thought to best represent market sentiment. Market maker and firm trades, which are excluded, are not considered representative of true market sentiment due to their specialized nature. As such, the ISEE calculation method allows for a more accurate measure of true investor sentiment than traditional put/call ratios."

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:

#9 Darris

Darris

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 25 July 2020 - 07:54 PM

LOL, really... what does now.  A few weeks ago NDX goes up 100 or more every day and SPX struggles.  Here we got a 7% correction on NDX and SPX closed down 2% off recent closing high and 0.36% off low print Friday while NDX closes 1.5% off low.  Just got to pick something and go with it.  That guy at harmonics dot com showing his version of Index put call ratios has been wild.  I've not seen anything in the options data that remotely resembles that formula.  NDX washed itself out on Friday with Intel, so I am thinking the bearish work needed to knife off the froth is good while we prepare for FED.  FED Wed should result in something towards 3300 or higher by Thursday and or Friday it would seem.  Do not think another June 11th is in the cards this time based on the OCC weekly data this week.

FYI, there is some new chatter about individual stock futures showing extremely high new interest based on volumes, but I have not seen any of the data or the location yet.

#10 Dex

Dex

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 25 July 2020 - 10:13 PM

LOL,

No one uses LOL any more.

lighten.gif yinyang.gif zipped.gif

"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. "
17_16