Fed is done for the year

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 25 July 2020 - 05:58 PM

Anyone think SPX hits 3500 before March, or is this just going to drop and go sideways with 3300 the top for the next 6 months?

#12 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 26 July 2020 - 07:51 AM

3500 is possible----based on news! And no one can predict future news.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#13 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,000 posts

Posted 26 July 2020 - 10:47 AM

No way SPX will reverse to down trend before the pandemic is under the control as the Fed cannot afford a failure here, and thats why the indices going up with the pandemic cases . The stock market is not the economy its a container to hold the liquidity when the rate is too low and the liquidity is flooding the world......

Edited by redfoliage2, 26 July 2020 - 10:55 AM.

#14 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,623 posts

Posted 26 July 2020 - 11:29 AM

No way SPX will reverse to down trend before the pandemic is under the control as the Fed cannot afford a failure here, and thats why the indices going up with the pandemic cases . The stock market is not the economy its a container to hold the liquidity when the rate is too low and the liquidity is flooding the world......

Pandemic is essentially done as far a peak infections...which looks like they peaked last week June to 1st week July in the surging big population metro areas. Epi curves clearly showing this now that we are a few more weeks down the road.

Remember, the case numbers being reported are from infections a week to 2 weeks back for the most part, so they will lag the date of onset Epi curves.

Will only get much better from here on out.

Here are just a few examples of some dashboards that post them.

Houston

harris.png

Austin - showing both Epi and drastic drop off in reported cases as well.

aus.png

Arizona

ari.png

Edited by K Wave, 26 July 2020 - 11:30 AM.

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#15 Dex

Dex

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 26 July 2020 - 02:07 PM

Anyone think SPX hits 3500 before March, or is this just going to drop and go sideways with 3300 the top for the next 6 months?

I think we have 3 markets.

Tech - decline then to ATH

S&P 500 - decline then trading range BUT still strong as 30% is tech - 3500 is very doable.

RUT - decline then trading range lower then S&P 500

Edited by Dex, 26 July 2020 - 02:08 PM.

"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. "
17_16