• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 29 July 2020 - 09:27 AM

why you can do it from your house you are not dependent on anyone else

it is not like work where you are dealing with all kinds of people some of who are

jerks. 

here it is you, the computer and the market and the market will teach you to be disciplined 

that is for sure

any way its a great way to make money to say the least 

feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#2 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,578 posts

Posted 29 July 2020 - 09:32 AM

Yup agree, been doing it for over 35 years and can do it anywhere although big screens are better for day trading lol!!  My tennis people are the ones I hang with which is nice!! 

#3 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 29 July 2020 - 09:55 AM

its nice because you are hanging with people you like

feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#4 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 29 July 2020 - 11:02 AM

I only trade long term. I was playing golf full time (18 holes 5 times a week) at Royal Oaks Country Club from 2000 through 2016.

So no time for day trading. But my health has improved by orders of magnitude. And ROCC is one of the finest golf courses in WA state, so it was great. 

2020 has been the most profitable trading year so far. Was completely out of stocks in March, switched from bonds to stocks 100% in March and April. Sold half of longs in tax deferred accounts a few weeks ago, Selling remaining longs in tax deferred accounts today if market stays up at 3:30 pm. What remains in taxable accounts would like to liquidate in 2021. So that if there are any capital gains, they will be taxed as long term. I am expecting a big correction in fall 2020. Hopefully some recovery in 2021. Tax year 2020 will be so great with deferred RMD's and really do not want to pay huge short term capital gain taxes on April 2021. So hanging on to longs in taxable accounts until April 2021.

Edited by pdx5, 29 July 2020 - 11:05 AM.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule