Photo

Blow out numbers by top tech... futures meh????????????

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Dex

Dex

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 30 July 2020 - 05:06 PM

https://www.investin...indices-futures

"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. "
17_16

#2 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 30 July 2020 - 09:45 PM

Almost all other countries are down, but good ole USA is up up and away...banana.gif

Is the market trying to tell us who will win the election?

Edited by pdx5, 30 July 2020 - 09:46 PM.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#3 salam

salam

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 10:09 AM

Almost all other countries are down, but good ole USA is up up and away...banana.gif

Am sure the tinpot dictator will try and delay the election ....for another 4 years 

not safe to vote, but safe to send kids to school 

I'm not sure what my future holds... But I know who holds it.

#4 LMF

LMF

• Traders-Talk User
  • 801 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 10:29 AM

If they do anything to fiddle around with this election the whole country is going to go nuts most likely. Like counting mail-in ballots until mid November. I think the key from the markets is whether September is an up month or not. August can be down but September is the most important. Down September has a tendency to drive the markets unstable in Q4. After September its whether the markets stay above the 200 day MA or not.

#5 salam

salam

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 10:32 AM

If they do anything to fiddle around with this election the whole country is going to go nuts most likely. Like counting mail-in ballots until mid November. I think the key from the markets is whether September is an up month or not. August can be down but September is the most important. Down September has a tendency to drive the markets unstable in Q4. After September its whether the markets stay above the 200 day MA or not.

Very good points 

I'm not sure what my future holds... But I know who holds it.

#6 Dex

Dex

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 12:34 PM

Am sure the tinpot dictator will try and delay the election ....for another 4 years 

not safe to vote, but safe to send kids to school 

This is going to be a fun election.  I can see groups from both sides and maybe the Russians/Chinese printing ballots and mailing them in.

Anyone with a printer and the right paper can do it.  

Why couldn't people from Europe or Africa copy a ballot and mail it in.

Imagine thousands of ballots have to verified.  And what happens when two ballots for the same person show up? 

A lot of fun to come.  

Edited by Dex, 31 July 2020 - 12:36 PM.

"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. "
17_16

#7 Darris

Darris

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 12:49 PM

Dow is only 200 pts above the basic weekly moving averages to turn more bearish or confirm it.  The big banks looking at XLF have a bearish engulfing weekly bar developing today.  More Big tech profit taking next week is going to hurt.  Taking out ES 3190-3200 will be a swift algo trigger since it is the line in the sand since July 14th gap up open after that close.

#8 LMF

LMF

• Traders-Talk User
  • 801 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 05:10 PM

Next week is not so good on the upside......the week after a 5th Friday in July historically. The strategy would be to sell into strength early during the week, and see how it ends up by next Friday. TQQQ closed way above the monthly bollinger band.