Short

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 dowdeva

dowdeva

• Traders-Talk User
  • 525 posts

Posted 04 September 2020 - 09:25 AM

This is a long term position until December.

I stated on other forums in January that we would crash in March and in May, that I saw new market highs in August and also back in May, that I had a very bad feeling about September (Andre, that last one's for you). A more practical reason i thought for a decline in September was that everyone was expecting rally until the election and September would pull the rug out from under the election bulls.

To be honest, I didn't get in yesterday. I really thought the decline would start next week.

Edited by dowdeva, 04 September 2020 - 09:29 AM.

#2 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 04 September 2020 - 01:19 PM

I stated on other forums in January that we would crash in March and in May, that I saw new market highs in August and also back in May, that I had a very bad feeling about September (Andre, that last one's for you). A more practical reason i thought for a decline in September was that everyone was expecting rally until the election and September would pull the rug out from under the election bulls.

To be honest, I didn't get in yesterday. I really thought the decline would start next week.

did u add to ur long positions on the dip?

#3 dowdeva

dowdeva

• Traders-Talk User
  • 525 posts

Posted 04 September 2020 - 08:44 PM

I sold my longs in August. I am hedged (long) into the weekend and probably until Wednesday.

#4 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 04 September 2020 - 09:33 PM

I sold my longs in August. I am hedged (long) into the weekend and probably until Wednesday.

sold ur longs in aug....hedged (long)?      what does hedged long mean.......so if the dow is up over a 1000 pts on tues will you make moneY???

#5 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 04 September 2020 - 09:35 PM

u dont call the last 2 day decline a bullish C wave of an irregular flat correction???

#6 dowdeva

dowdeva

• Traders-Talk User
  • 525 posts

Posted 07 September 2020 - 08:00 PM

Chief, my expertise in Elliot Wave theory could be put in the corner of a hobbit's thimble, so bear that in mind when I say that I  believe that Thursday and Friday may have been an impulsive wave 1 down, Monday to Wednesday would be two and Thursday, Friday or next week would potentially start Wave III. 

The above is mostly based on TA, in particular some indicators I've developed over the past year that have had some success. However, (as I stated already) I've also been witnessing for a while on various forums the idea that if there is a correction it will come after the election. The perfect way to pull the rug from the bears would be to start a decline in September, possibly based on an outside event (it goes without saying it  could never be based on our fiscal mismanagement). And then I think they may ream out the bears by not testing the lows of February at all, but finding support at 2500 or so.

All this is supposition, of course.

If my scenario doesn't take place and we hold 3500 in September than I am incorrect about this, in addition to worrying too much.

Best regards to you, sir.

Edited by dowdeva, 07 September 2020 - 08:01 PM.

#7 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,193 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 06:45 AM

u dont call the last 2 day decline a bullish C wave of an irregular flat correction???

How is this chart bullish? Russell 2000 has put in a double top after failing to get above Feb's high and has now broken below the diagonal support line from last March. NDX has a trend for a low in late Oct as well. 

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/