Trump has Covid

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#11 nacho

nacho

• Traders-Talk User
  • 82 posts

Posted 02 October 2020 - 12:52 AM

How much more of an insane comedy act can we get than this. They needed a good reason to start a pullback anyway.

Not sure how you see it that way. Trump is in the high risk group.... 

#12 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,933 posts

Posted 02 October 2020 - 12:54 AM

How much more of an insane comedy act can we get than this. They needed a good reason to start a pullback anyway.

Not sure how you see it that way. Trump is in the high risk group.... 

There is a vice president right, who may do a better job.

#13 salam

salam

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 02 October 2020 - 01:02 AM

Do I get my island reversal?

Im awake for this down move

Closed 2/3 of my SP short at ES 3315 . Gaps like this on reactionary news get bought (as previously discussed)

However the double whammy of ongoing weak jobs number could be the double punch that gets my gap and go

Ty Mitch
Ty an asymptomatic Don

Edited by salam, 02 October 2020 - 01:04 AM.

I'm not sure what my future holds... But I know who holds it.

#14 salam

salam

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 02 October 2020 - 01:07 AM

Ps....I dont think this will be bought as furiously as the debate debacle....
ES 3340/50 tops

#15 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,389 posts

Posted 02 October 2020 - 01:10 AM

the great china.........I won' t buy anything chinese from now on, given the economic damage they brought to me 

Edited by andr99, 02 October 2020 - 01:11 AM.

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#16 orange

orange

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 02 October 2020 - 01:42 AM

Here's what I said 2.5 hours before news broke Trump is COVID positive. Sorry I didn't post it here.

"This is really fishy. Trump either tested positive, or the administration expects more white house officials will test positive in the near future. If Trump tested negative, why is he quarantining and not doing his rallies? I believe it's because he tested positive, OR  it's a pre-caution because they are concerned someone else in the white house might infect the president. This is a big deal. There's NO reason why they would not just say he's negative."

I immediately went short when I heard Trump was "waiting for his results" and will begin quarantining. I'm thinking tomorrow the White House is going to down play this, and say the President is feeling fine and does not have any symptoms. You can't believe them, but they will downplay it. After all, it's only been a day since Trump tested positive. He likely doesn't even have a fever.

I'm pretty sure retail is going to want to sell first thing in the morning. My expectation is to have morning selling, a large bounce, and then a close 1-2% off the lows. 3270-3300 seems like a good target to me, but of course it could go lower.

There's so many risks here. Trump was yelling at the debates. Was Biden too close?

I suspect Pence will become the center of Trumps campaign - assuming he's also not positive for COVID. Trump is in the high risk category for COVID with his age and excessive weight.

Imagine for a second Pence and Trump cannot carry out their duties. Pelosi would take office.

A LOT more people in Trumps administration are about to become sick.

Edited by orange, 02 October 2020 - 01:43 AM.

"When your position is underwater, average down" - Professional Trader

#17 alexnewbee

alexnewbee

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 02 October 2020 - 06:25 AM

Wow. I expect the market to selloff hard on this news.

in fact should be the opposite - if Trump is out of the way, uncertainty is gone too, so the hedge should unwind.

"we do G.d's work" Lloyd Blankfein

#18 salam

salam

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 02 October 2020 - 06:52 AM

Or.....the debate performance was so poor, and undecided voters have now decided....the GOPs strategy is to take Trumo out of the campaign, and let Pence lead up to the election

#19 orange

orange

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 02 October 2020 - 09:48 AM

This market punishes those who fall asleep at the wheel, and sadly I slept 30 mins late to see my short positions reverse thousands. What a market.

Trump is going to be fine for a few days anyways. Unfortunately we have to listen to how Trumps health is doing non-stop for the next two weeks. It's going to be non-stop. The worst part is that Trump was still meeting with people for over a day ever after he was exposed to COVID by Hope hicks. Talk about straight negligence. There's likely to be more White House officials test positive in the next day.

"When your position is underwater, average down" - Professional Trader

#20 salam

salam

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 02 October 2020 - 09:52 AM

Ps....I dont think this will be bought as furiously as the debate debacle....
ES 3340/50 tops

Having covered @ 3315 I am again short at 3350.
Vix eTF in handsome profit now