• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#11 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 08 October 2020 - 12:46 PM

d

The rally is the Mr. Market's reaction to the fact that there have been too many bears expecting a crash in October.  Have they covered yet or they are going for more shorting?  Institutional investors are likely positioning for after-election .................

I meant after-election up-run on abundant liquidity when Dems win......................

lets not start    "dems win with who ?

#12 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,943 posts

Posted 08 October 2020 - 01:03 PM

d

The rally is the Mr. Market's reaction to the fact that there have been too many bears expecting a crash in October.  Have they covered yet or they are going for more shorting?  Institutional investors are likely positioning for after-election .................

I meant after-election up-run on abundant liquidity when Dems win......................

I meant when they win both WH and the Hill ...,,,.,

#13 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 08 October 2020 - 01:14 PM

Hmmmm I guess its a tough time frame going in this time but I think it would mean down into expiration.  Be interesting to see how it compares to my Friday reading, maybe have to start tracking it.

"I think it would mean down into expiration<     why would u think that???    "maybe have to start tracking it:"     why.....ever ride in a scenicruiser?

Because Wednesday, was up, we are up for the week, the market has been rallying the past couple weeks lol!  Let me know if I'm wrong but you just said if its "up around" www that would mean a down expiration number.  Anyhow I don't follow that closely and would never use it for a trade, just noticed another post on it.

#14 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 08 October 2020 - 01:20 PM

"Let me know if I'm wrong"     the market will do that for me

Edited by da_cheif, 08 October 2020 - 01:25 PM.

#15 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 08 October 2020 - 01:24 PM

d

I meant when they win both WH and the Hill ...,,,.,

politcal talk is poison.......

#16 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,521 posts

Posted 08 October 2020 - 01:59 PM

I am voting for the presidential candidate who promises to hold the market up through 1st week of January. 

Because I am hanging on to remaining longs with dear life and do not want to sell now and pay tax on April 15, 2021.

I much rather pay tax on April 15, 2022.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#17 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 08 October 2020 - 02:13 PM

I am voting for the presidential candidate who promises to hold the market up through 1st week of January. 

Because I am hanging on to remaining longs with dear life and do not want to sell now and pay tax on April 15, 2021.

I much rather pay tax on April 15, 2022.

"I am voting for the presidential candidate who promises to hold the market up through 1st week of January."     promises have absolutely nothing to do with the mkt

when kennedy was assassinated it was the end of the world......dow dropped 50 pts then guess what

#18 Darris

Darris

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 08 October 2020 - 03:42 PM

The quarterly Quad Witch seems to be the dominate cycle.  WWW can certainly extend the trend, but swing lows and the occasional swing highs are becoming more and more evident around the Quad Witch expirations. The green dashed line is the Roll over date, which is very important, and the red dashed line is the expiration.  The quarterly expiration dates are listed at the top of the graph and the inbetween monthly's dates at the bottom.  Talk about rattling investors sensibilities!!!  Sometime next week or early the week after we will have a pause/consolidation/correction of the ramp from ES 3200.  The internals were very strong off the Sept 23rd lows, so a consolidation would seem probable then more strength into the end of the month.  NDX should be finding a way to outperform everything else in the near future since it has become a laggard, LOL. 2g5fcl.jpg

#19 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,521 posts

Posted 08 October 2020 - 05:04 PM

The quarterly Quad Witch seems to be the dominate cycle.  WWW can certainly extend the trend, but swing lows and the occasional swing highs are becoming more and more evident around the Quad Witch expirations. The green dashed line is the Roll over date, which is very important, and the red dashed line is the expiration.  The quarterly expiration dates are listed at the top of the graph and the inbetween monthly's dates at the bottom.  Talk about rattling investors sensibilities!!!  Sometime next week or early the week after we will have a pause/consolidation/correction of the ramp from ES 3200.  The internals were very strong off the Sept 23rd lows, so a consolidation would seem probable then more strength into the end of the month.  NDX should be finding a way to outperform everything else in the near future since it has become a laggard, LOL. 2g5fcl.jpg

May be the ominous double top formation can come next?

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#20 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 08 October 2020 - 05:29 PM

May be the ominous double top formation can come next?

"double top formation" sounds like "broadening top.....or ending diagonal.....that  we heard non stop since 09