Trying to stay open minded

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#11 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,588 posts

Posted 12 December 2020 - 08:00 PM

If one takes a long hard look at the GDX since August 8, 2020, it is very clear that we are trending down in a series of lower highs and lower lows. 

In fact this trend is quite persistent and seems to be accelerating.

One has to consider the possibility that the metals are the early signal (to the equity markets) that we are about to have a 'solvency event'.

There is at least some risk that we are about to have a capitulation event in the miners.....if we break to a new low.

agreed. you positoned for that?

#12 tradesurfer

tradesurfer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,748 posts

Posted 14 December 2020 - 10:23 AM

I had been trying to get long certain silver mining stocks and SLV but am flat now.... waiting to see if we get a capitulation plunge down.

Currently long volatility and that is it.

#13 tradesurfer

tradesurfer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,748 posts

Posted 28 February 2021 - 07:23 AM

I am advising extreme caution on Silver at this time.  

Please tell me this is *not* a head and shoulders pattern.  And on the gold quarterly and yearly charts we see a huge bearish divergence between RSI and price.

I think what may be about to happen is a persistent dollar rally that is much stronger than anticipated and catches everyone off guard (debt deleveraging)

But keep in mind that I have flip flopped between gold silver bullish bearish deflation vs. inflation scenario about once a week .  It is a constant ping pong match trying to figure out the next BIG swing move.

50988053683_92ff3497a4_o.png