Trying to stay open minded

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#11 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,040 posts

Posted 12 December 2020 - 08:00 PM

If one takes a long hard look at the GDX since August 8, 2020, it is very clear that we are trending down in a series of lower highs and lower lows. 

In fact this trend is quite persistent and seems to be accelerating.

One has to consider the possibility that the metals are the early signal (to the equity markets) that we are about to have a 'solvency event'.

There is at least some risk that we are about to have a capitulation event in the miners.....if we break to a new low.

agreed. you positoned for that?

#12 tradesurfer

tradesurfer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 14 December 2020 - 10:23 AM

I had been trying to get long certain silver mining stocks and SLV but am flat now.... waiting to see if we get a capitulation plunge down.

Currently long volatility and that is it.

#13 tradesurfer

tradesurfer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 28 February 2021 - 07:23 AM

I am advising extreme caution on Silver at this time.  

Please tell me this is *not* a head and shoulders pattern.  And on the gold quarterly and yearly charts we see a huge bearish divergence between RSI and price.

I think what may be about to happen is a persistent dollar rally that is much stronger than anticipated and catches everyone off guard (debt deleveraging)

But keep in mind that I have flip flopped between gold silver bullish bearish deflation vs. inflation scenario about once a week .  It is a constant ping pong match trying to figure out the next BIG swing move.

50988053683_92ff3497a4_o.png

#14 tradesurfer

tradesurfer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 12 June 2021 - 05:59 PM

This advance decline percent for GDX is not exactly the most bullish looking to me:

https://stockcharts....id=p70664127216

#15 tradesurfer

tradesurfer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 12 June 2021 - 06:39 PM

US Dollar 6 month price candlesticks showing my favorite reversal candle - the inverted hammer.   I have found that the inverted hammer candle is one of the most reliable reversal signals.    CAUTION ADVISED at this juncture as we get to mid year point.

51242206477_cf29ca959e_o.png

#16 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,193 posts

Posted 13 June 2021 - 09:21 PM

Dollar index is breaking out of it's bullish wedge... 

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#17 tradesurfer

tradesurfer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 06 August 2021 - 12:12 PM

I realize it is probably popular to be bearish now and thus becoming a tired old argument...

but at this juncture I guess I have to consider the possibility that the metals continuing to lose at the expense of crypto could become a more permanent phenomenon ?   It has varied to some extent but at the end of the day week month and year it is the concentration of capital that determines the long term bull trend.   

If Amazon.com starts accepting crypto, then where does that leave the metals.

I guess the metals will always be that disaster hedge that you keep in your basement.  But if you cannot spend your gold on amazon.com,  carry it with you to another country, or transfer it to someone across the globe in 2 seconds, then I can see how the millenials and new class of investors will just *not* be interested in it and thus harm long term demand for metals...

#18 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,998 posts

Posted 06 August 2021 - 04:06 PM

I realize it is probably popular to be bearish now and thus becoming a tired old argument...

but at this juncture I guess I have to consider the possibility that the metals continuing to lose at the expense of crypto could become a more permanent phenomenon ?   It has varied to some extent but at the end of the day week month and year it is the concentration of capital that determines the long term bull trend.   

I guess the metals will always be that disaster hedge that you keep in your basement.  But if you cannot spend your gold on amazon.com,  carry it with you to another country, or transfer it to someone across the globe in 2 seconds, then I can see how the millenials and new class of investors will just *not* be interested in it and thus harm long term demand for metals...

When the dollar begins to lose its reserve status( probably sooner than later), cryptos will go to zero.

#19 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,040 posts

Posted 06 August 2021 - 11:16 PM

When the dollar begins to lose its reserve status( probably sooner than later), cryptos will go to zero.

why?

#20 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,193 posts

Posted 07 August 2021 - 01:01 AM

What is to replace the dollar? Yuan?

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/