FF for Tomorrow

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,064 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 07:00 PM

Going to be an up day for tomorrow.  This is an OpEx week and so far SPX is down 15 points for the week, I expect it's going to catch up and end the week in positive .......................

#2 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,064 posts

Posted 14 January 2021 - 10:52 AM

Internals getting much improved today.  NYMO is advancing above the midline from the recent bottom ......................

#3 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,064 posts

Posted 14 January 2021 - 11:27 AM

Here is my outlook for the month:

"Expect SPX in the range 3850 - 3880 by the end of the month ..................."

#4 slupert

slupert

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,804 posts

Posted 14 January 2021 - 12:04 PM

Here is my outlook for the month:

"Expect SPX in the range 3850 - 3880 by the end of the month ..................."

Yep,  they've had plenty of oportunity, Bidens first real important press conference and he will be talking about stimulus, can;t go short in to this. (JMHO)

#5 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,064 posts

Posted 14 January 2021 - 04:17 PM

It looks funny that the market was pushed down in the late afternoon with strong Internals just one day before the OpEx.   So, I'd not be too surprised to see index futures gap up overnight.......................

#6 tradesurfer

tradesurfer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 14 January 2021 - 04:44 PM

But mondays lately seem to be gap downs or down... something has changed....

so we need a RED close Friday to confirm the monday red pattern...

#7 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,529 posts

Posted 14 January 2021 - 05:04 PM

But mondays lately seem to be gap downs or down... something has changed....

so we need a RED close Friday to confirm the monday red pattern...

Nothing has changed to make a big difference. What is putting brakes on the up momentum is gravity.

Has anybody looked at PE of Tesla? Tesla stock is worth 11 times GM stock. While Gm sales are probably 11 times of Tesla.

Just please keep the market levitating through March, and I can liquidate all remaining longs for long term cap gains.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#8 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,698 posts

Posted 14 January 2021 - 07:21 PM

It is just a regular expiration so don;t think there will be much of a reaction now but earnings do start tomorrow I believe with banks so could see some volatility with that for sure! 

#9 tradesurfer

tradesurfer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 14 January 2021 - 08:01 PM

This whole market melt up including stocks and commodities is all based on this premise that there is this massive reflation and inflation showering money on everyone and full recovery and pandemic recovery.....

But *maybe* the macro is too big for that simple theory.. maybe the macro is saying that we are heading for a massive deflationary 5 month crash down and THEN we will get the real inflationary wave.....

#10 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,064 posts

Posted 14 January 2021 - 08:19 PM

It is just a regular expiration so don;t think there will be much of a reaction now but earnings do start tomorrow I believe with banks so could see some volatility with that for sure! 

Still immature to expect great earnings as the economy is trying to get out of the unprecedented slump. Its the unprecedented liquidity that has been supporting the market, not the earnings............

Edited by redfoliage2, 14 January 2021 - 08:26 PM.