Risk Windows for Week of 15 February

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Douglas

Douglas

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,834 posts

Posted 13 February 2021 - 06:01 PM

According to my risk summation system, most of next week is a risk window.  The day next week with the highest risk of a turn in or acceleration of the current trend is Friday the 19th of February.  There is also a nebulous risk window which appears to span Tuesday and Wednesday the 16 & 17 of February. 

Last week the risk windows on Tuesday and Friday were both duds.  Both of these days only saw very small pullbacks which was all the damage the risk windows could cause.  There may have been a triangular correction which lasted from Wednesday into the risk window on Friday which will be evident if the break out Friday is confirmed by a rally on Tuesday the 16th.  

XhO1vmZ.png

As I mentioned last week, the 72 and 22 week mirror cycles both have turns next week.  The turn can be a bottom or a top, but the market should form a pivot next week if these cycles are even working in this whacky, FED junkie market.  

Regards,

Douglas

#2 Douglas

Douglas

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,834 posts

Posted 15 February 2021 - 10:58 AM

This past Sunday and Monday the DJIA futures are pointing to a higher open on Tuesday the 16th.  This may validate the triangle breakout I noted in my post above and may help close the small gap to complete the three year megaphone pattern in the DJIA shown below.  It would be rather amazing if this pattern works out.  At least the cycle turns this week certainly make it an interesting possibility.

c5E0gON.png

Regards,

Douglas

Edited by Douglas, 15 February 2021 - 10:59 AM.

#3 Douglas

Douglas

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,834 posts

Posted 16 February 2021 - 07:28 AM

The three year long AD line trend line below is also pointing to the risk of a turn.  I know that trend line resistance and support are only something like 65% reliable, but again it just joins the charts in the posts above as more evidence that maybe a turn of some degree just might be in the cards in the next week or so.  

3pSIeT2.png

Regards,

Douglas