Posted 09 March 2021 - 01:23 PM

It may be less than 3% from a top.

IWN.png

#2 qqqqtrdr

qqqqtrdr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,220 posts

Posted 09 March 2021 - 01:29 PM

It is a big rally......   Because of this I'm now staying away from Small Caps, moving back into mid and large caps...   Looking at everything considered, I do see more money coming into the market from the stimulus, so much of it will continue to find it's way into the market...   In the future I do see transition back out of the market, but I'm thinking June at the moment....

Barry

#3 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 09 March 2021 - 05:58 PM

It is a big rally......   Because of this I'm now staying away from Small Caps, moving back into mid and large caps...   Looking at everything considered, I do see more money coming into the market from the stimulus, so much of it will continue to find it's way into the market...   In the future I do see transition back out of the market, but I'm thinking June at the moment....

Barry

I plan to be out of the market by end of April/mid-may by the latest. Will start selling longs in mid-March.

Edited by pdx5, 09 March 2021 - 05:59 PM.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#4 brucekeller

brucekeller

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 10 March 2021 - 03:34 AM

Barry

I plan to be out of the market by end of April/mid-may by the latest. Will start selling longs in mid-March.

Just standard sell in May and go away? I have a hard time being too bearish if the Fed is saying that they plan to ease another 2 years.

#5 steadyquest

steadyquest

• Traders-Talk User
  • 775 posts

Posted 10 March 2021 - 11:47 AM

A similar legal (and convoluted) count for the industrials.

Indu.png

#6 steadyquest

steadyquest

• Traders-Talk User
  • 775 posts

Posted 10 March 2021 - 02:09 PM

For the S&P:

S-P.png

Near to my earlier count off the March floor:

S-P2.png

And my earlier count off the 2009 floor:

S-P3.png

S-P4.png

A pullback below 3662 would invalidate the count.

#7 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 10 March 2021 - 04:03 PM

Barry

Just standard sell in May and go away? I have a hard time being too bearish if the Fed is saying that they plan to ease another 2 years.

This year, it is just reducing risk. I have significant paper profits on stock index funds bought last March-April period. 

I can afford to skip any additional gains coming in 2021, but do not want to risk losing the gains present.

Edited by pdx5, 10 March 2021 - 04:04 PM.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#8 brucekeller

brucekeller

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 10 March 2021 - 10:15 PM

Barry

This year, it is just reducing risk. I have significant paper profits on stock index funds bought last March-April period. 

I can afford to skip any additional gains coming in 2021, but do not want to risk losing the gains present.

Ah, makes sense. 

#9 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,962 posts

Posted 14 March 2021 - 07:29 AM

Barry

Barry

thats why very few make it to the top of k2   ...nose bleeds and fear of heights......:>)