the equinox marks the turn in the pm sector "a new leg higher"

• Please log in to reply
2864 replies to this topic

#1791 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,419 posts

Posted 11 November 2021 - 11:15 AM

GLD looking like a SOLID breakout now.....bulls just need to get the 200 Day kinked back upwards soon, and the march to sky should commence in earnest.

At this point, not even sure that 200 day will be backtested..but if it was, I would expect it to hold now...

If Silver can blow out 26 real soon, this could possibly turn into vertical launch...

gld.png

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#1792 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,419 posts

Posted 11 November 2021 - 11:20 AM

Silver 2X AGQ still looking like about one of the best intermediate to longer term bottoms you could see.

Inverse H&S with shoulders right near the 900, and a little Shake N bake under the 900 for the head....

agq.png

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#1793 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 11 November 2021 - 11:23 AM

now w/the mining indexes above the 200dma  we have also gone above the neckline on the indexes. gdx/gdxj have an inverse h&s pattern.  now the normal is to come back and test the neckline and then launch.  supply disruptions are masking inflation. its impossible to gauge the real inflation if you cant get  stuff.  what has me most concerned is the loss of the constitution.   this starts about 1 minute    judge napolitano   very well respected

dharma

#1794 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,419 posts

Posted 11 November 2021 - 12:47 PM

looking Silver bears making their last stand at 25.20...

#1795 jabat

jabat

• Traders-Talk User
  • 606 posts

Posted 12 November 2021 - 08:55 AM

By Avi

GDX and GDXJ are at their respective resistances.  If we break out directly, then I will stop out of the remaining hedges that I still have.  And, I will not hedge unless we break out and fail by dropping back below the box.  I still much prefer a pullback in the complex, but will not fight price.  But, I also do not have a set up within which I have enough confidence to trade the upside with aggressive positions (options or 3X ETF's).   But, this is simply part of my own rules based upon my experience.  Others may clearly differ, and that is ok.  As long as you understand the parameters - - breaking out of the box sets support at the bottom of the box.

#1796 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,039 posts

Posted 12 November 2021 - 10:03 AM

Hanke-Cofnas Gold Index is at +12.21, which I believe is a record since creation of this index (2-3?) months ago.

#1797 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,039 posts

Posted 12 November 2021 - 10:17 AM

By Avi

GDX and GDXJ are at their respective resistances.  If we break out directly, then I will stop out of the remaining hedges that I still have.  And, I will not hedge unless we break out and fail by dropping back below the box.  I still much prefer a pullback in the complex, but will not fight price.  But, I also do not have a set up within which I have enough confidence to trade the upside with aggressive positions (options or 3X ETF's).   But, this is simply part of my own rules based upon my experience.  Others may clearly differ, and that is ok.  As long as you understand the parameters - - breaking out of the box sets support at the bottom of the box.

He still doesn't trust it! That's probably because we're still stuck in the triangle from Aug '20.

#1798 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 12 November 2021 - 10:56 AM

we are rapidly approaching recognition phase in the pm sector. the fact that the dollar
is so strong and gold remains firm holding onto its gains tells me 1 the fed is behind
the curve 2 there is always a synthetic short position in the dollar ie nations have
borrowed in dollars so they have to buy dollars to service their debt 3 cash is trash
thanks ray.
i believe the broad market is topping, i dont think there will be a crash , crashes
are rare
@one time the dollar was/is considered risk off as is gold considered risk off
dharma

Edited by dharma, 12 November 2021 - 10:57 AM.

#1799 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,419 posts

Posted 12 November 2021 - 12:10 PM

Silver bulls and bears still duking it out at 4hour line, which is very likely the last resistance before bulls completely take over..

si.png

#1800 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,419 posts

Posted 12 November 2021 - 12:23 PM

Watch TNX here closely over next few days..

After the little Shake N Bake back bleow 1.50 briefly, if now clears and holds 1.60 again...seeing possibility for dramatic and quick increase in rates...

Here are 30, 60, 120 min looks...very nice synchronous backtest and turn look to be developing...

30 min

tn3.png

50 min

tn6.png

120 min

tn12.png