the equinox marks the turn in the pm sector "a new leg higher"

• Please log in to reply
2864 replies to this topic

#2481 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 30 January 2022 - 03:02 AM

yes i miss senor . i am very bullish on this sector. i agree with dharma we are almost there. 

most of the price damage is done imo  money to be made here 

feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#2482 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 30 January 2022 - 03:12 AM

@smithy i sent you a message 

#2483 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,061 posts

Posted 30 January 2022 - 06:50 PM

this decline is in its final stages,  though the price low is ahead . the new moon is feb2  . 

venus finance, money. partner, love, balance goes direct on the 29. 

i think we bottom soon.   could be around smithys #  .  sentiment has changed dramatically

i think the fed is all jawbone. trying to talk the markets down , w/o doing anything. i dont see where they cut the qe 

and i doubt they are able to raise rates at all, but maybe once. inflation/stagflation is the game.  when the public has 

had enough of inflation, =losing voters.  then the fed will be forced to really do something. right now they are talking the markets down

dharma

Chinese new YEar Feb 1?

#2484 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,951 posts

Posted 31 January 2022 - 08:20 AM

GLD getting a little pop...but be real careful if it comes back under 167 later on....

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#2485 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 31 January 2022 - 09:44 AM

on gld the time segmented volume pulled back to its 19 dma and its rallying off of that

exactly what i want to see. so far it is acting perfectly 

#2486 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,025 posts

Posted 31 January 2022 - 10:11 AM

Low volume, decreasing Open Interest....even WWIII didn't have any psychological impact.

#2487 jabat

jabat

• Traders-Talk User
  • 606 posts

Posted 31 January 2022 - 10:24 AM

How Much Gas Is Left In The Tank For the U.S. Dollar After Pushing To New Highs

By Mike_G (Avi's partner at Elliot Wave Trader)

This week we saw the DXY push sharply higher after finding support over the previous two weeks. This push to new highs was following the primary path as laid out last week and with the push, we are now getting close to the topping zone in the wave A which I have been laying out on the charts for quite some time. In fact, we now technically have enough waves in place to consider a top completed however from a proportional perspective we ideally should still see this push a bit higher to fill out the final wave (v) of (©) of A. Now with that being said because we are now following what looks like an Ending Diagonal pattern to finish off the wave (©) of A the path up towards those higher highs may be a bit more complex and I think it will be difficult to map out the exact path for this final push higher as this structure should take the form of a three-wave move. 

So with that, this has me leaving levels that are a bit wider and not as reliable. Furthermore, because we technically do have enough waves in place to consider the wave (v) competed this is certainly an area in which caution should be warranted as once this does top I would expect the reversal back lower to be quite sharp as this is what we typically see when an Ending Diagonal completes its pattern. 

From here under the white primary path, I would expect this to still see another wave b down followed by a wave c up of the final wave (v). Current support for this wave b comes in at the 96.02-94.95 zone, however, this support zone will move up should we continue to extend higher in the wave a of (v). As long as we can hold this zone upon any retrace and then push higher I still expect to see this push up towards the 98.50-99.50 zone before topping in the larger degree wave A. Should we break that support zone followed by a break under the 94.63 level then we likely have already topped in the red wave A. 

Under that red path, I would be looking for support to now come in at the 93.40-90.41 zone. As long as that zone holds then I still would be looking for this to push higher into early next year before seeing a significant break to the downside. A break of that support zone would open the door to this having already begun the larger wave © of ((B)) down. At this point in time, however, that is not my expectation. We would however likely be looking at quite a long consolidation for the red wave B that could take this into the end of the year and potentially even into 2022 before ultimately finding a bottom.

So while I do still think this should push higher I do want to reiterate that this is is the time to begin to be a bit more cautious looking long in the DXY as we should be getting fairly close to a top and the reversal is likely going to be sharp. For now however and until we break support I do expect more sloppy price action to come over the coming weeks ahead.

#2488 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,951 posts

Posted 31 January 2022 - 11:56 AM

Heavyweights still duking it out on GLD...

Every time bulls are in the ropes and looking they might go down, they manage to fight their way back out into center of the the ring....same for bears....

At some point, somebody is going down, and likely not a TKO....

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#2489 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 31 January 2022 - 12:47 PM

i believe the stock market is going to correct 20-30% and it is going to cause the authorities to panic and print.   gold is going to have a run, in spite of the cycle being long in the tooth. to new highs will cause me to make an adjustment in my calculations of the cycle.   we have to wait and see what happens. best guess above 2k and not new highs

dont think we have bottomed yet in gold . the sector , ie the miners are in the gutter. things are cheap. most of the bad eggs have been wrung out of the sector.  moriarity wrote this , this am If the resource industry selected a bird to represent mining stocks as a mascot, I think the most representative would have to be the parrot. With 50 to 60 different writers of various calibers, you would think you would be able to choose from 50 to 60 different opinions about the economy, gold, and various resource companies. Instead you get four or five original voices and 50 or so parrots.

Investing at a profit is easy. You should buy when things are cheap, and you should sell when they get expensive. Junior resource stocks very in price by hundreds of percent from the low to a high in an average year. If you would accept 20 percent gains or 50 percent gains or 100 percent gains on a regular basis you could do quite well.

dharma

#2490 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,951 posts

Posted 31 January 2022 - 01:04 PM

Palladium...powerful long tailed confirmation candle after the Hangin' Man printed on the triple top breakout attempt...

How much long they gonna be able to keep the Muh Russia fear trade alive???

PA.png