if they're going to correct all together

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,389 posts

Posted 15 April 2021 - 01:04 PM

Europe and America, the top is not in yet. The whole April is needed and possibly even beyond. Here in Europe we're seeing higher targets to reach before starting to correct. This market is resilient beyond what everyone might think and the correction to come should be just a waste of time more than a drop in prices. In other words they will take a lot of time to correct very little. My half cent.   

Edited by andr99, 15 April 2021 - 01:05 PM.

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#2 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,521 posts

Posted 15 April 2021 - 05:04 PM

I wonder if any bears are still solvent in this mother of all bull markets.

The market closest to this one was in 2000 during start of internet boom. 

I am trying hard to remember what was the trigger/catalyst which crashed that bull market.

But I honestly don't remember.

Edited by pdx5, 15 April 2021 - 05:07 PM.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#3 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,389 posts

Posted 15 April 2021 - 05:15 PM

I wonder if any bears are still solvent in this mother of all bull markets.

The market closest to this one was in 2000 during start of internet boom. 

I am trying hard to remember what was the trigger/catalyst which crashed that bull market.

But I honestly don't remember.

I think it was different then.......it was a bubble in the tech sector. I remember it very well because I started trading exactly in 2000......what a lucky guy eh.....as usual. What I can remember (but you can control on charts) is that there was a deep correction months before and then the final parabolic surge into february - march 2000 when the bubble bursted. Now it's different in my opinion. Here we have to deal with the central banks that are pumping like hell. I' m not sure we will have the deep correction preceeding the final surge, but I think that until the pandemic is over they will keep pushing. So, for another year at least the safe place to be is the long side to me, paying attention to ST corrections obviously.   

Edited by andr99, 15 April 2021 - 05:24 PM.

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#4 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,521 posts

Posted 15 April 2021 - 05:24 PM

Which then means----the Powers that be must keep the pandemic alive.

One clue is they quarantined J&J vaccine with 0.000082% of young women  had problems with blood clots.

Hell, there are much higher odds of 2.5% Americans dying in next 12 months from other causes.

The pandemic must be kept alive. It is the tiger by the tail thing. Can't let go.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#5 steadyquest

steadyquest

• Traders-Talk User
  • 772 posts

Posted 16 April 2021 - 12:42 AM

My dow target - fwiw - by now all should know I am a fade.

Will it race to the top from here?  About another 5% higher might do it.  Is a black swan in the cards?  Maybe Xi and Vlad will syncronize their territorial invasions and cause the 'big guy' to stroke out.  What would happen to US tech if TSM went offline?  How did we come to be total risk-on in what appears to be a total risk-off world?  What if all the smart money decides to de-lever at the same time?  Keep your powder dry permabears and don't fire until you see the whites of their eyes.                     

DOW.png

DOW2.png