Risk Windows for the Week of May 10th

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Douglas

Douglas

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 09 May 2021 - 01:39 AM

According to my risk summation system, the days this coming week with the highest risk of a turn in or acceleration of the current trend are Wednesday the 12th and Friday the 14th of May. 

Monday the 10th of May did not register on the risk window system Richter scale, but it is in one of the several market flash crash windows that I keep track of.  There are anywhere from 2 to 4 of these a year, and crash like events only happen every couple of years or so and the crash windows only catch about one in three of these events, so each one of these crash windows only has about a one in twenty chance of hitting, pretty poor odds.  The Chinese rocket had a better chance of hitting land (it didn't). 

Soap box: I've had to move all small throwable objects from within reach of my TV viewing seat to prevent damaging my flat screen while watching CNBC and CNN business shows' inflation discussions.  From FED Heads to Phd economists, none of them see anything more than a slight uptick in inflation.  I know the "C" stands for crummy, but they're the only US news channels that my UK satellite provider displays.  Last week I had to buy some treated 2x4's and 4x4's for my latest garden project.  From the price I paid, they should have been silver plated not just oil treated.  And don't get me started on the cost of eating out.  Anyone paying the tab at one of  our local fish-n-chips shops or at casual dining restaurants charging the equivalent of $300 for a very underwhelming al fresco dinner for three who doesn't see serious inflation is as blind as a bat, and a rabid mad bat at that.

Regards,

Douglas

Edited by Douglas, 09 May 2021 - 01:47 AM.

#2 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 09 May 2021 - 09:53 AM

My daughter bought a 1900 SF 60 year old home for 3/4 of a million US$ in Seattle. But with low interest rates, her mortgage payment is lower than her rent in silicon valley last year for 1 bed room apartment of $3400/month. So that was the justification for purchase except the mortgage is a very long term commitment. House inflation is moving up. So are used car prices, house insurance, grocery prices, gasoline, and restaurant dining. But cruises in 2021 are cheap most likely because they will be cancelled.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#3 slupert

slupert

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,804 posts

Posted 09 May 2021 - 10:59 AM

My daughter bought a 1900 SF 60 year old home for 3/4 of a million US$ in Seattle. But with low interest rates, her mortgage payment is lower than her rent in silicon valley last year for 1 bed room apartment of $3400/month. So that was the justification for purchase except the mortgage is a very long term commitment. House inflation is moving up. So are used car prices, house insurance, grocery prices, gasoline, and restaurant dining. But cruises in 2021 are cheap most likely because they will be cancelled.

My rule of thumb is. If ya can't do it on a 15 year mortgage or less you can't afford it. I sincerely hope she didn't go for a30 year adjustable.

#4 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,583 posts

Posted 10 May 2021 - 07:35 AM

Up here June 1st you have to be able to afford a 5.25% mortgage or you don't get the money so likely going to cool things down here!