S&P500 and NASDAQ 100 bounce over

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 qqqqtrdr

qqqqtrdr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,220 posts

Posted 13 May 2021 - 10:40 AM

Hello all...   Did my daily check of the markets...   It appears that we have likely have more downside here..    A couple observations...

S&P500 has tested it's 50-day moving average multiple times over the last six months.   We just had a test yesterday of the 4rth test of the 50-day MA...    Each subsequent test within a the last month increases the chance of support will not hold, so there is a good chance of the break for the 50-day moving average will be broken, and since the 200-day MA has not been tested in the year time the 200-day MA will hold.....

NASDAQ has broken its 50-day moving average moved above and was not able to hold.   I do expect the downtrend to continue and the 200-day MA to hold even though given it is weaker than S&P500 I will assume it will overshoot the 200-day MA support by up to 3%....

A high level OEX Put/Call, NAIIM Sentiment, Rydex Ratio, PE/growth and other statistics looked at do show more downside is likely, but not overwealming....     A  GAP down of S&P500 and NASDAQ 100 today would likely be a gating factor of a bottom being made, but since we bounced, we will likely end up lower a week from now.

#2 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,033 posts

Posted 13 May 2021 - 12:46 PM

I see the bounce just started.  SPX 4170 is the first target and it's likely to go over it next week for the OpEx run.  Day traders taking profit for the day , but they will have to come back at higher prices tomorrow morning  .....................

Edited by redfoliage2, 13 May 2021 - 12:53 PM.

#3 qqqqtrdr

qqqqtrdr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,220 posts

Posted 13 May 2021 - 01:57 PM

$SPX Max pain is at $4000, so for OpEx wouldn't it pull back a little?

#4 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,583 posts

Posted 13 May 2021 - 02:14 PM

Ya agree with that starting a short build at 4120! 

#5 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,033 posts

Posted 13 May 2021 - 02:33 PM

$SPX Max pain is at $4000, so for OpEx wouldn't it pull back a little?

I would not look at the Max Pain as who are the writers and who are the buyers are not known.  But equities P/C is very high and that's bullish for the market for the OpEx week.

This is not just a bounce, it's a reversal from the recent selling and a swing bottom.  Basically the LT bull run not over, and so the recent big dip is just a gift.   I gave the reasons here:

https://www.traders-...e-bcards/page-2

Edited by redfoliage2, 13 May 2021 - 02:41 PM.