Leveraging Up

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 RadioHead

RadioHead

• Traders-Talk User
  • 191 posts

Posted 01 June 2021 - 04:10 AM

Spooz are up only half a percent so far overnight. I'm buying more at 4218 to add to my position.

There are 3 ways we can think about inflation:

1. Inflation doesn't exist. That means that deflation is still a major force. Deflation has been the best for S&P in history.

2. Inflation is temporary. That means that the FED will continue to print. That is great for S&P.

3. Inflation is here to stay. That means that prices of every asset go up. S&P is an asset. That is great for S&P.

Pick your reason and buy S&P.

Remember: stocks can go down, S&P 500 can not.

#2 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,521 posts

Posted 01 June 2021 - 05:59 AM

SPX went down from 3000 to 2250 in March-April 2020.
"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#3 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 01 June 2021 - 06:25 AM

And global economies were completely shut down because of "political diplomacy" against an unseen foe.

Gross exceptions to general rules can never be considered when they're forced upon us by power hungry bullies who use fear as an emotional tool.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#4 RadioHead

RadioHead

• Traders-Talk User
  • 191 posts

Posted 01 June 2021 - 07:52 AM

Who cares what was in the past. You might as well bring up the 70s or other bear markets. It is in the past. We trade the future.

#5 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 01 June 2021 - 08:06 AM

>We trade the future.<     ur absolutely correct.....snort     .....watch the sky    675 ono

#6 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,521 posts

Posted 01 June 2021 - 08:08 AM

And global economies were completely shut down because of "political diplomacy" against an unseen foe.

Gross exceptions to general rules can never be considered when they're forced upon us by power hungry bullies who use fear as an emotional tool.

Fib

As one of the smart trader here, I value your opinions.

So tell me Fib, what stops the political class to foster another fear diplomacy in future?

Now they have actually seen how useful their fear diplomacy was. They will use it again

to stay in power. Most likely in 2024 for sure to scare voters into keeping them in power.

Or at any other time when they can benefit from fear diplomacy.

At the current moment, there is plenty of money coming from gov't to keep SPX going higher.

But valuations are in the watch the sky territory. 2021 will be interesting year. 

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#7 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 01 June 2021 - 08:11 AM

Fib

As one of the smart trader here, I value your opinions.

So tell me Fib, what stops the political class to foster another fear diplomacy in future?

Now they have actually seen how useful their fear diplomacy was. They will use it again

to stay in power. Most likely in 2024 for sure to scare voters into keeping them in power.

Or at any other time when they can benefit from fear diplomacy.

At the current moment, there is plenty of money coming from gov't to keep SPX going higher.

But valuations are in the watch the sky territory. 2021 will be interesting year. 

>At the current moment, there is plenty of money coming from gov't to keep SPX going higher.<   who told u that?

#8 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,957 posts

Posted 01 June 2021 - 09:24 AM

Great action today just when everyone started making jokes of "Sell in May and go Away."  Go away forever is very long time?

#9 RadioHead

RadioHead

• Traders-Talk User
  • 191 posts

Posted 01 June 2021 - 09:59 AM

Great action today just when everyone started making jokes of "Sell in May and go Away."  Go away forever is very long time?

Selling will be over around 4190. That is all bears will get. New highs next.

#10 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,957 posts

Posted 01 June 2021 - 10:32 AM

Selling will be over around 4190. That is all bears will get. New highs next.

The top signal will come same way it always does.: Sigma 4 Days on record volume. The last time we had such a day was June 11 2020. So no signal yet.

Edited by linrom1, 01 June 2021 - 10:35 AM.