2 posts today including mine .....es at historic highs and

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#11 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,723 posts

Posted 25 June 2021 - 08:48 AM

Yes I did and it says nothing about turning bullish and if your regarding the comments of the decline, that was the bottom it already happened.  What I want to hear is someone like CLK did on that thread, he predicted a crash this week.  I posted my long from 4130....He was wrong but stepped up and made a call.  Again for the umpteenth time, no one on this board should be making critical comments on someones opinion unless they too are stepping up and making a call beforehand....

#12 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,090 posts

Posted 25 June 2021 - 09:10 AM

This is still a buying-dips-and-selling-bounces market, traders heaven ......................

Edited by redfoliage2, 25 June 2021 - 09:11 AM.

#13 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 25 June 2021 - 03:15 PM

Yes I did and it says nothing about turning bullish and if your regarding the comments of the decline, that was the bottom it already happened.  What I want to hear is someone like CLK did on that thread, he predicted a crash this week.  I posted my long from 4130....He was wrong but stepped up and made a call.  Again for the umpteenth time, no one on this board should be making critical comments on someones opinion unless they too are stepping up and making a call beforehand....

Where did I call for a crash this week?

I said 4k at the most if even that and that it was not a big top, I was buying calls all the way down, too bad the operators took 50 points of cash dip buying
in Sunday globex, I don't care for futures trading.

Edited by CLK, 25 June 2021 - 03:17 PM.

#14 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,530 posts

Posted 25 June 2021 - 04:00 PM

Very rare here or anywhere to see a call specifying time and magnitude of next major move.

I will go one step further, I have never seen such post here.  But then I do not read every post so may have missed such post.

I would admire a poster who will say...I predict SPX will be at 5000 in December 2021 -or- SPX will be at 3000 in October 2021.

Do not hold your breath, you are not going to see time and magnitude in the same post.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#15 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 25 June 2021 - 05:13 PM

Very rare here or anywhere to see a call specifying time and magnitude of next major move.

I will go one step further, I have never seen such post here.  But then I do not read every post so may have missed such post.

I would admire a poster who will say...I predict SPX will be at 5000 in December 2021 -or- SPX will be at 3000 in October 2021.

Do not hold your breath, you are not going to see time and magnitude in the same post.

These types of calls are usually provided for a fee and not generally found on a message board as many have very short term memories, no less, accolades are few and far between.That said, there are several members on here who do stick their necks out from time to time, but these same folks usually get their heads handed to them usually because of their enthusiasm in being "fearless".

For myself, I let the tools of trade make the price projections, but like the postal service's promise when delivering the mail, timing of completion is always fluid! smile.png

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#16 pdx5

pdx5

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,530 posts

Posted 25 June 2021 - 05:45 PM

These types of calls are usually provided for a fee and not generally found on a message board as many have very short term memories, no less, accolades are few and far between.That said, there are several members on here who do stick their necks out from time to time, but these same folks usually get their heads handed to them usually because of their enthusiasm in being "fearless".

For myself, I let the tools of trade make the price projections, but like the postal service's promise when delivering the mail, timing of completion is always fluid! smile.png

Fib

I can understand your point. I just get a bit flustered when I see a post saying SPX will be 5400. 

Yeah for sure, if time period is very long.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#17 kinga200

kinga200

• TT Member+
  • 594 posts

Posted 25 June 2021 - 07:12 PM

Agree. IMHO we will c a substantial draw down then at least 40% this year. Then the longest bear market we have ever seen. Funny has anyone heard the term Stagflation?

My point is this liquidity project is going to backfire. Biden will push the Fed But there is more at stake.

U can watch the AD n other indicators BUt what good when when you have been in a market with QE since 2009 as well as high frequency trading (Flash crash 2010).

As someone on the board said.. at least in Vegas they give u free drinks..

#18 gilford

gilford

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 June 2021 - 07:45 PM

Agree. IMHO we will c a substantial draw down then at least 40% this year. Then the longest bear market we have ever seen. Funny has anyone heard the term Stagflation?

My point is this liquidity project is going to backfire. Biden will push the Fed But there is more at stake.

U can watch the AD n other indicators BUt what good when when you have been in a market with QE since 2009 as well as high frequency trading (Flash crash 2010).

As someone on the board said.. at least in Vegas they give u free drinks..

No way we will see a "bear market" anytime soon. Last bear market was the dot com bust. Since then the FED always steps in. The GFC didn't result in a bear market. Covid didn't result in a bear market. Why would it happen now? 

#19 pdx5

pdx5

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,530 posts

Posted 26 June 2021 - 03:36 PM

No way we will see a "bear market" anytime soon. Last bear market was the dot com bust. Since then the FED always steps in. The GFC didn't result in a bear market. Covid didn't result in a bear market. Why would it happen now? 

That depends on DEFINITION of bear market. Some people call 10% decline bear market.

Others look for 40% decline.

My definition is 25% down from recent high.

In March-April 2020, SPX went down from 3000 to 2250. That was close to 25% down.

To me it felt like a bear market. Yes, it was very fast, but bear market is not based on time factor. 

It is strictly percentage decline in my book. 25% decline is a bear market for me.

#20 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,723 posts

Posted 28 June 2021 - 07:05 AM

Where did I call for a crash this week?

I said 4k at the most if even that and that it was not a big top, I was buying calls all the way down, too bad the operators took 50 points of cash dip buying
in Sunday globex, I don't care for futures trading.

Your right I'm sorry about that I thought it was you but it was traderbob.