Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,862 posts

Posted 17 August 2021 - 10:28 AM

Sell the rumor? Buy the news?

Will traders buy Gold and sell Crypto?

https://www.kitco.com/

Gold price pauses near $1,800, analysts warn of another selloff
Jackson Hole predictions: Big turning point for markets, bad news for gold? Gary Wagner

Pressure is mounting for the Federal Reserve to announce tapering measures.

Hedge funds flee gold market in a panic - CFTC data

Gold's net length now stands at 35,000 contracts, down nearly 64% from the previous week. Gold's net length is currently at a five-month low.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 17 August 2021 - 10:40 AM.

#2 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,862 posts

Posted 17 August 2021 - 10:39 AM

T Theory Thoughts:

https://ttheorygroup.science.blog/

Even with Friday’s move higher on GDX, the discount grew in Sprott, and fell only slightly in the CEF.

We are close to a buy. For a Trade.

After all, we have completed Terry Laundry’s 20 year bull market in gold, until the next one starts.

Let’s see what happens around September 3.

Sprott: https://schrts.co/XWeMYWkq

Edited by Rogerdodger, 17 August 2021 - 10:43 AM.

#3 brucekeller

brucekeller

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 17 August 2021 - 12:06 PM

Gold never made much sense to me anyway. Barely outpaces inflation, ETFs etc you don't really own it, and if you own it in the real world, when are you ever going to actually use it as a currency except at gun shows or if you're a sovereign nation paying debt?

For making money I'd rather own stocks and for apocalypse kinda stuff, guns, seeds, and medicine.

I dunno, to each their own. Going to suck in 100 or 200 years or something for the last goldbugs out of our great grandchildren when we get to one of those asteroids that has like quadrillions of dollars worth of gold and PMs though lol, but that's out of our lifetimes

Edited by brucekeller, 17 August 2021 - 12:16 PM.

#4 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,933 posts

Posted 17 August 2021 - 01:34 PM

As we are still in the middle of the pandemic and the recovery still needs further support I'd not expect any radical changes in the Fed monetary policy indicated at Jackson Hole meeting albeit the brainwashing from Wall Street media ....................

Edited by redfoliage2, 17 August 2021 - 01:44 PM.

#5 slupert

slupert

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,793 posts

Posted 17 August 2021 - 01:40 PM

I can't belive you guys swept my Mets, that Taijuan Walker game was a heartbreaker

#6 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,862 posts

Posted 17 August 2021 - 01:45 PM

I'd rather own stocks and for apocalypse kinda stuff, guns, seeds, and medicine.'

You forgot Vodka! rolleyes.gif

It's concentrated, antiseptic potatoes.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 17 August 2021 - 01:46 PM.

#7 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,862 posts

Posted 18 August 2021 - 10:50 PM

Minutes of the Federal Reserve's last FOMC meeting contain multiple insights
Gary Wagner
Kitco.com
August 18, 2021
Today the Federal Reserve released the minutes from the last FOMC meeting, giving market participants more insight into the future actions and timeline of upcoming changes to their current monetary policy. One of the most noteworthy takeaways from the minutes was that the majority of Federal Reserve officials thought it would be correct to begin to reduce their purchases equaling $120 billion each month.
Although the minutes indicated that the majority of the 19 top Federal Reserve officials believe that it is time to plan out the tapering process, by no means was it a unanimous consensus. There were also sharp differences in regards to the timeline as to when to begin the process.

#8 xe2dy

xe2dy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 404 posts

Posted 19 August 2021 - 10:05 AM

Hello Rogerdodger, sorry I've forgotten your first name, must be age related. I created my own $NYA monthly chart similar to the one you recently shared. It looks to be topping out with negative divergence to the RSI. Thanks for sharing that. I'm long TZA at the moment and will double down when / if the support line is broken to the down side.

#9 crossd

crossd

• Traders-Talk User
  • 317 posts

Posted 20 August 2021 - 11:35 AM

https://www.investor...sg&mid=22323662

gold silver bottoming..more evidence

donc

#10 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,862 posts

Posted 20 August 2021 - 06:34 PM

xe2dy  I created my own $NYA monthly chart similar to the one you recently shared.

Roger here.

NYA monthly looks like it's just coasting on fumes.

I guess the question is, "How much more free money will come from Uncle Sam?"

And how deep will these Covids hurt us?

Bankrupt businesses are being artificially propped up...for how long?

The S&P500 is now more overvalued than at any time since the dot-com boom in the late 1990s and early 2000s.

See: Martin Armstrong and the Great Depression of 2022  "The Great Reset"... Eliminate all debt, basic income for all.

"No democratic choice" = One World Government run by Bureaucrats = Kings without a kingdom

New Normal: See East Germany...

NYA-Monthly.jpg

Edited by Rogerdodger, 21 August 2021 - 01:47 PM.