BULLS recover -- more DECLINES ahead

• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#1 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,170 posts

Posted 03 October 2021 - 03:52 PM

Lost my draft of earlier message to start this thread. 

A top 5 day to start October as my countertrend bullish positions reaped good profits in a few hours as markets 

reversed from a deep hole. Oversold? maybe, ST, but markets can crash from oversold levels so there is no 

significance to oversold or overbought that can be used for trading on a regular basis.

Trimmed SPY & QQQ CALL positions and closed 1 ES and 1 NQ HEDGE short and now holding 1 ES and 1 NQ hedge short position.

Closed NAT GAS SHORTS

I expect the usual extreme volatility in October with a rally into the end with new ATHs

ZVBuToeP_bigger.jpg

Have a great weekend! After the reddest month since March 2020, #ES_F started Oct with the biggest green day in a month. Not "all clear" yet though Plan next week: Dip, if holds 4310, looking for a run to ~4425 where bears get a last shot at a leg to new lows. Detail below $spx

#2 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,170 posts

Posted 03 October 2021 - 03:54 PM

Extreme BULLISHNESS again this week in her poll

Saturday Poll The next 100 points for the S&P?
  •  
    UP
    60.6%
  •  
    DOWN
    39.4%
2,591 votes·Final results

#3 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,170 posts

Posted 03 October 2021 - 03:58 PM

GOLD HIGHER! 

Haven't traded it in a while but maybe TOM will convince me to buy a few contracts

hN65_xGU_bigger.jpg

My latest Chart In Focus article, "Gold Says Oil Prices Heading Higher into 2022", is posted at https://mcoscillator.com/learning_center/weekly_chart/gold_says_oil_prices_heading_higher_into_2022/. It does not include the expertise of the EIA honchos, just the expertise of gold prices. Hey , call me if you want to talk.

#4 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,170 posts

Posted 03 October 2021 - 04:01 PM

back above zero, maybe rally to 200 or higher before next SPX 200-point drop

McClellanOsc_1145.gif

https://www.mcoscill...t_breadth_data/

#5 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,170 posts

Posted 03 October 2021 - 04:02 PM

4430 SPX this week is quite possible

Until we get a close above 4430, the sharp intraday reversals mean nothing. $ES_F $SPX $SPY

#6 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,170 posts

Posted 03 October 2021 - 04:04 PM

FED  trading is a recent thing, or is it only now it is possible to find out? 

I guess the appearance of Insider Trading is no longer a problem
Quote Tweet

OxZTE8sG_mini.png

FXHedge

@Fxhedgers
· Oct 1
FED VICE CHAIR RICHARD CLARIDA TRADED BETWEEN $1 MILLION AND $5 MILLION OUT OF A BOND FUND INTO A STOCK FUND A DAY BEFORE POWELL FLAGGED POSSIBLE PANDEMIC POLICY ACTION

#7 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,170 posts

Posted 03 October 2021 - 04:08 PM

I had thought of going flat but decided to only trim CALL positions and close 50% hedge short

DKiAL2yi_bigger.jpg

I moved from net (small) long in exposure to market neutral after the market closed on Friday. We will see...

DKiAL2yi_bigger.jpg

I moved from net (small) long in exposure to market neutral after the market closed on Friday. We will see...

#8 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,170 posts

Posted 03 October 2021 - 04:10 PM

There is a black out period for companies' buybacks prior to the report of EPS. The window is closed for buybacks for about one third of the companies In two weeks 80% of the cos (soon to report) will not be allowed to buyback stock.

#9 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,170 posts

Posted 03 October 2021 - 04:13 PM

A sign of a TOP? 

Cramer leaves STREET.com and goes full-time in CNBC

DBEM-rWK_bigger.png

"I was going to retire to teach a class, it turns out, I have the greatest class right here at CNBC." Get more insight into 's thoughts on the markets with the CNBC Investing Club.

#10 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,170 posts

Posted 03 October 2021 - 04:14 PM

It's OCTOBER, one of the best months, but here comes the usual CRASH predictions! 

Kiyosaki: 'Biggest crash in world history’ hits in October — 3 ways to protect yourself

https://finance.yaho...-155600637.html