3 replies to this topic

#1 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 07 January 2022 - 11:13 AM

interest rates up oil up qqq below its 50 dma 

sp fliring with its 50 dma . we will see it dont look bullish to me

Edited by gannman, 07 January 2022 - 11:20 AM.

feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#2 tradesurfer

tradesurfer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 07 January 2022 - 02:05 PM

i guess it is human nature to be positive and optimistic... 

But the question is how much more can companies raise prices to offset inflation without hurting consumer demand....

You can only shrink a cheerios cereal box so much until the consumer realizes it is a scam

#3 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,521 posts

Posted 07 January 2022 - 03:34 PM

"You can only shrink a cheerios cereal box so much until the consumer realizes it is a scam"

Hahaha and I thought I was eating more cheerios than usual!

The fricking box has shrunk!!

The prosperity and abundant jobs are all from credit card spending by federal government.

Reminds me of a relative who had 7 credit cards, spent money lavishly, gave lots of gifts to all relatives, 

and we all liked grandma a lot. But then she ran out of credit limits, could not even make minimum payments on all cards.

USA is in similar position. Right now we are in the happy phase. Credit is good, Feds can sell bonds and pile up debt.

But that caused inflation genie to be released from the bottle. Interest rates will be forced to go higher. On $30 Trillion debt,

at 5% the annual interest payments are $1.5 Trillion = $1500 BILLION every year. Good luck to us all.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#4 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,174 posts

Posted 08 January 2022 - 12:51 PM

"You can only shrink a cheerios cereal box so much until the consumer realizes it is a scam"

Hahaha and I thought I was eating more cheerios than usual!

The fricking box has shrunk!!

The prosperity and abundant jobs are all from credit card spending by federal government.

Reminds me of a relative who had 7 credit cards, spent money lavishly, gave lots of gifts to all relatives, 

and we all liked grandma a lot. But then she ran out of credit limits, could not even make minimum payments on all cards.

USA is in similar position. Right now we are in the happy phase. Credit is good, Feds can sell bonds and pile up debt.

But that caused inflation genie to be released from the bottle. Interest rates will be forced to go higher. On $30 Trillion debt,

at 5% the annual interest payments are $1.5 Trillion = $1500 BILLION every year. Good luck to us all.

That is why Martin Armstrong is predicting the whole system is going to "crash and burn" , leading to civil war with the South blaming the North for the bankruptcy and not more government checks for anything. The question is when the collapse comes,  MA's major pi cycle date of 2032.95 is the date for when he says the west will peak as a civilization but can it even last that long?  

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/