ST Bottom, Bounce, DOWN again

• Please log in to reply
212 replies to this topic

#171 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,870 posts

Posted 13 January 2022 - 02:49 PM

Total Carnage of MSFT...right where chart said was most likely to happen...

Next few days have serious danger potential on that one....

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#172 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,870 posts

Posted 13 January 2022 - 02:50 PM

And if AMZN closes under 3240, tomorrow could be horrific....

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#173 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,870 posts

Posted 13 January 2022 - 03:09 PM

and now TQQQ about to join MSFT and Google below the trap door????

tqqq.png

Edited by K Wave, 13 January 2022 - 03:11 PM.

#174 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,468 posts

Posted 13 January 2022 - 04:48 PM

If they do not save it, markets could drop by at least 10% during rest of month

BUT, they will come in to stop the plunge

And if AMZN closes under 3240, tomorrow could be horrific....

#175 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,468 posts

Posted 13 January 2022 - 04:59 PM

Another record NQ daytrading profitable day. Would not say it was as easy as "shootingFISHinabarrell" but it was a smooth rapid descent with concerted selling of any attempt to rally.  While NQ dropped by ONLY about 400 points the actual drop from the high of the day was more than 500 points. 

Closed another 9 QQQ PUTS - could not leave all 19 PUTS on the table after QQQ dropped almost 10 points. 

Holding 10 QQQ PUTS and 500 QQQ in LT

VXX not exploding higher, still with an 18 handle so I will be buying VXX PUTS later this month or next

XLF very strong, no long entry for me at these levels,,,, will wait

I may buy some XLF PUTS but still too risky 

Closing 5 QQQ PUTS to bank 1K plus profits and hold the other 19 

400 QQQ

Will add more PUTS on any bounce above 383

and another below 380 if traded today

another 100 below 383.75

added another 100 just below 386

300 QQQ

24 QQQ PUTS

will add more qqq at lower levels

Relatively dull day after early spike up. Smaller profit than previous 2 days.

NQ daytrades, one QQQ trade,  one QQQ PUT tradem, no SPY trade, no VXX tRADE, no CRUDE trade'

In LT:

200 QQQ

20 QQQ PUTS

Flat everything else

#176 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,468 posts

Posted 13 January 2022 - 05:01 PM

Note: Good Lvl to lvl action here for #ES_F with 4660-50 being next down after 4700 loss and en route now, almost there. Will be extremely important for bulls to rally out of that area as there's quite a ways down below there

#177 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,468 posts

Posted 13 January 2022 - 05:04 PM

DOLLAR still falling..... 

0rFn6h6-_normal.jpg

It’s not whether the Fed tightens, it’s whether the Fed tightens too much.
Quote Tweet

hN65_xGU_mini.jpg

Tom McClellan

@McClellanOsc
· 22h
This is a small nuance, but I wish to clarify that the stock market actually LIKES inflation. It raises a company's nominal earnings. What the stk market does NOT like is the Fed's efforts to fight inflation. There aren't any such efforts at the moment, hence we hang around ATH. twitter.com/MebFaber/statu…

#178 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,468 posts

Posted 13 January 2022 - 05:06 PM

Interesting...   Bond CEF A-D Line Showing Liquidity Problems

Among the supposed contaminants that ruin the purity of the composite A-D data are closed end funds (CEFs) which own various types of bonds (e.g. municipal, high grade corporate, etc.).  These issues trade on the NYSE just as though they were regular stocks.  And because they are sensitive to interest rates more than to the overall economy, some analysts look down their noses at them, and believe that they are ruining the overall A-D data by their inclusion. 

It turns out upon examination of the actual data that the bond CEFs actually give a really good message about the health of the liquidity stream that affects the entire stock market.  So if anything, they are making the composite A-D data better by virtue of their inclusion in it.  This week’s chart shows a big bearish divergence versus the SP500. 

I possess this data, and as far as I know I am the only analyst who goes to all of this trouble, because years ago I decided to test the hypothesis that these supposed contaminants are ruining the composite A-D data.  It took a bunch of working getting daily data on all of the NYSE stocks, figuring out which ones were bond CEFs, and then calculating advances and declines each day on all of those issues.  I continue that work with the help of teammates, and occasionally share the insights in our McClellan Market Report and Daily Edition.

What I found was that the messages from these data are actually really powerful and important.  I can now make the argument that the Bond CEF A-D Line may actually be better than the composite A-D Line, and it is certainly better than the “common only” version.  See this link for more about the problems with the common only version. 

https://www.mcoscill...idity_problems/

#179 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,468 posts

Posted 13 January 2022 - 05:13 PM

I am looking for a POP when banks report very good earnings and then SELL THE NEWS later....same day or after the majors report.

Will buy XLF PUTS at least two exp periods away.  Haven't traded FAZ or FAS in while but may look at it. 

Helene Meisler Retweeted

9816ec5caaa2bec7809c314b1109b19b_normal.

Wouldn't be surprised to see banks sell off on good earnings tomorrow. They have had quite the run

#180 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,468 posts

Posted 13 January 2022 - 05:15 PM

FAZ is down from 60 to 16 during the past 12 months

May buy some as BANKS report