"Are We Setting Up For A 'Mini-Crash'?"

• Please log in to reply
343 replies to this topic

#31 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,077 posts

Posted 18 January 2022 - 03:09 PM

Remember, when near zero and fully levered, even small increases in your carrying cost in absolute terms, can mean mean enormous differences percentage wise.

Does not mean we crash 100%, but certainly have some disruptions of the Status Quo Apple Cart going on....

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#32 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,077 posts

Posted 18 January 2022 - 03:17 PM

Unless we tank into the close...seeing possibility for short term stick save starting tomorrow..

Naz decliners hit nearly 3800 on that drop, and is very extreme.

But.....crashes do come from oversold conditions...

If they do manage to get a bounce going, do not think it will last that long, although could be a sharp bounce...

Then another rollover attempt that will likely have a better chance at breaking things open, if it does not happen right from here....which it could very well do....

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#33 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,077 posts

Posted 18 January 2022 - 03:17 PM

And on that note....Naz fresh lows....

#34 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,066 posts

Posted 18 January 2022 - 03:36 PM

More likely a bounce is in the cards .......................

#35 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,077 posts

Posted 18 January 2022 - 04:00 PM

And there is the close under 2100 on Rusty...

Guess we see tomorrow if Just a Flesh Wound, or a full decapitation....

#36 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,529 posts

Posted 18 January 2022 - 04:31 PM

And there is the close under 2100 on Rusty...

Guess we see tomorrow if Just a Flesh Wound, or a full decapitation....

I feel "serious wound" but no decapitation. That may wait until sell in May and go away.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#37 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,077 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 07:34 AM

Bulls managed somewhat of an overnight recovery, but by no means are they safe just yet...

Back Kiss of Death here?????

See what happens dead ahead, but bulls had better not let the overnight low get taken out.....

sp.png

#38 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,077 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 07:36 AM

And Rusty on the verge of losing a whole lotta support if the overnight recovery cant get past 2100....

RUT.png

#39 brucekeller

brucekeller

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 08:03 AM

And Rusty on the verge of losing a whole lotta support if the overnight recovery cant get past 2100....

RUT.png

R2K is definitely looking really close to waterfall territory here. 

#40 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,700 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 08:36 AM

When I went to bed the market was near lows so now my average long is down to 4592 as I said yesterday the market (tape) doesn't have that feel for a crash just yet so looking pretty good here.  Don't forget its expiration on Friday also and as I've been talking about options when we look they're on the bearish side now and the hourly cash SPX has a beautiful descending W on it.   Key though in my view are bonds as these higher yields are for sure affecting tech....Gonna be another fun day...