i luvs this game

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 15 February 2022 - 11:36 AM

trading is always a gut check. do you trust yourself and what you see ? you will always be tested 

the market will always challenge you .  lots of opportunities in this market thats for sure 

good trading to all 

feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#2 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,039 posts

Posted 15 February 2022 - 11:54 AM

It is funny how often my gut is right.

The trick is to not force it.

And that's a serious trick.

M

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#3 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,732 posts

Posted 15 February 2022 - 01:18 PM

Think that's the decades of experience that show that, I barely use technicals, prefer option prices and my gut, seems to work! 

#4 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,732 posts

Posted 15 February 2022 - 01:19 PM

k now off to tennis, that's the gift of having this many years of expierience lol, you can trade while you trade!! 

#5 brucekeller

brucekeller

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 15 February 2022 - 10:29 PM

Think that's the decades of experience that show that, I barely use technicals, prefer option prices and my gut, seems to work! 

what exactly do you mean about option prices anyway?

#6 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,732 posts

Posted 16 February 2022 - 08:46 AM

I look at real out of the money options and daily options to see if there are too many bulls or bears.  The P/C ratios don't show those numbers.  I do it from decades of experience just looking at prices! 

#7 brucekeller

brucekeller

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 16 February 2022 - 09:02 AM

I look at real out of the money options and daily options to see if there are too many bulls or bears.  The P/C ratios don't show those numbers.  I do it from decades of experience just looking at prices! 

Just prices or the open interest and volume of those out of money options too? Mainly options for QQQ and SPY etc?   Thanks for the response!

Edited by brucekeller, 16 February 2022 - 09:03 AM.

#8 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,732 posts

Posted 16 February 2022 - 09:27 AM

Nope very simple, just the prices.  I'm working on it but the institutions are selling the daily options hand over fist for income.  For example the Wed 4200 put that expires today traded at $12 on Monday with a down market.  The 4000 hit $10 at one point, pretty bearish considering they expire today.  Yes they may have been hit but maybe about 5% odds!!  Today the 4200 that is a regular cycle put expiring Fri is only trading around $2 much less bearish.  There seems to be a slight lean on the bearish side as the 4400 put is around $25 and the 4500 call around $14 but before the sell off after the retail sales number it was around $25 so pretty neutral I'd say for the day!  Number one thing people need to remember is that the market doesn't go up forever and it doesn't go down forever, add in a little bit of timing and selling options is great!! 

#9 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 16 February 2022 - 01:25 PM

Ive seen far more traders blow up and put out of the game by trading on intuition and gut feelings vs those who can Trade Technically.  For best results, Trade both ways and work to push the bias aside.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.
.....timing,..... is ....everything !
... remember no guessing visit MrDev!

#10 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,732 posts

Posted 17 February 2022 - 09:03 AM

Think I do pretty good, I use technicals for option selling mostly unless opportunities present themselves to me.  Watching option prices is kinda technical because I've watched the prices so long you can tell over bearish over bullish times.  When it comes to day/week trading I've done ok as its been over a year since I've taken a loss lol!!   Have been doing it forever but finally started piping up more about it on here a little over a year ago!