312 replies to this topic

#21 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,013 posts

Posted 21 February 2022 - 12:21 PM

Get ready......

https://www.zerohedg...tary-assistance

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#22 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,013 posts

Posted 21 February 2022 - 12:23 PM

Check out this guys feed

https://twitter.com/...f_src=twsrc^tfw

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#23 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,659 posts

Posted 21 February 2022 - 12:28 PM

Crazy market action! Maybe low volumes ... NQ spiked down, I was stopped out on 2 lots, then it spiked up!

Another few minutes until the close 

#24 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,013 posts

Posted 21 February 2022 - 01:33 PM

Putin apparently about to recognize the Breakaway Republics at any time now

live feed:

#25 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,688 posts

Posted 21 February 2022 - 02:20 PM

This has been interesting lol!!  As I've said I don't believe putin will attack I'm still sticking with that so wasn't surprised when the night market opened lower last night I I added a little to my long to bring my long average to 4350 and as I went to sleep I put on profit stops at 4370 to wake up to a down market again with a 20 point profit!  Really thought we were going to continue higher all night so was surprised when putin went off script lol!!  Been watching the news and him speaking and still think we'll bounce in here in the end so before the close I went long again at a nice even 4300, guess we'll see what happens at the open tonight!! 

#26 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,013 posts

Posted 21 February 2022 - 02:38 PM

That was pretty long....Vlad dropping a lot of uncomfortable truth bombs...

Wallstreet weekend went down about another 300 Dow points at time of official proclmation... now we see....

https://www.ig.com/e...end-wall-street

#27 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,027 posts

Posted 21 February 2022 - 03:15 PM

Wallstreet weekend went down about another 300 Dow points at time of official proclmation... now we see....

Can you imagine our idiots in power having this much intellect and historical knowledge to seize up the situation. The other powder keg that is going to explode is the Isaeli-Iran war. I bet that the Israelis were watching Putin very intently.

#28 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,013 posts

Posted 21 February 2022 - 03:32 PM

Can you imagine our idiots in power having this much intellect and historical knowledge to seize up the situation. The other powder keg that is going to explode is the Isaeli-Iran war. I bet that the Israelis were watching Putin very intently.

Sadly, likely less than .01% of Americans will ever hear that speech...and instead rely on a steady stream of Russia is Evil propaganda...

#29 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,659 posts

Posted 21 February 2022 - 05:47 PM

Very active trading last night and also for the shortened Holiday session in the Futures markets. I made more profits today than many days last week .... but mainly because stocks and Options were not traded so my holdings were not marked to market. 

I left one NQ short until the close @ 1pm, +227.5 points

Could have kept it until tomorrow but the politics are creating wild swings so I prefer to bank that. 

Will add to existing positions, building a large LONG  position in LT Portfolio, partly hedged. 

26 QQQ PUTS   -- add above 345

400 QQQ   -- add below 335
500 INDA     -- add below 43, very resilient, was actually up a few cents on Friday
300 XLF    --- will add below  37.5, also very resilient, down only a few cents on Friday
400 TWTR    -- I like this stock below 35, will add more  below 32

3 FB MAY 205 CALLS  -- will add below 200, a riskier trade but small position

RISKIEST TRADES: Small positions to start, not if markets are moving rapidly away targets.
Will buy VXX PUTS on spike up  - SPIKE UP above 30

Watching IWM to buy CALLS, if traded below 195

TLT rallying!  If it gets above 140 I will consider buy a few PUTS

#30 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,659 posts

Posted 21 February 2022 - 05:49 PM

Looks like the "crisis" is almost over? 

Putin seizes a few pieces of Ukraine... may play out the same way as Crimea, Georgia etc

This has been interesting lol!!  As I've said I don't believe putin will attack I'm still sticking with that so wasn't surprised when the night market opened lower last night I I added a little to my long to bring my long average to 4350 and as I went to sleep I put on profit stops at 4370 to wake up to a down market again with a 20 point profit!  Really thought we were going to continue higher all night so was surprised when putin went off script lol!!  Been watching the news and him speaking and still think we'll bounce in here in the end so before the close I went long again at a nice even 4300, guess we'll see what happens at the open tonight!!