seems its time for a new thread. war markets are treacherous

• Please log in to reply
4036 replies to this topic

#3811 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,047 posts

Posted 01 December 2022 - 07:49 AM

Back test of 22 on Silver holding thus far....this could be wherre the rubber meets the road if Silver Bulls can negotiate this back test turn...

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#3812 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,965 posts

Posted 01 December 2022 - 08:30 AM

BTW it looks to me like one more DXY new DAILY low down toward 105 area could complete a nice 5 down from the rally highs, that actually fits nicely with a lot of the possible miner counts ending a wave 5 up soon, we see and as always DYODD

Senor

so far so good as DXY just eked out a new decline low below 105.32 in a possible 5th wave that could have more to go. We could be in the latter stages of 5 down and also 5 up in miners, XGD easily moved to a new high last night (likely wave 5 as well), let's see how it plays out near term

Senor

#3813 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,027 posts

Posted 01 December 2022 - 10:31 AM

Nice call on miners.

#3814 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,965 posts

Posted 01 December 2022 - 10:43 AM

BTW it looks to me like one more DXY new DAILY low down toward 105 area could complete a nice 5 down from the rally highs, that actually fits nicely with a lot of the possible miner counts ending a wave 5 up soon, we see and as always DYODD

Senor

so far so good as DXY just eked out a new decline low below 105.32 in a possible 5th wave that could have more to go. We could be in the latter stages of 5 down and also 5 up in miners, XGD easily moved to a new high last night (likely wave 5 as well), let's see how it plays out near term

Senor

OK wave 5 up in miners/down in DXY just might be over, if it is a 2–4-week correction would be expected and just perhaps, more bullish count is we keep goin higher with only small pullbacks for now - I favor the 5 up ending count, we see

Senor

#3815 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 01 December 2022 - 12:03 PM

Senor

so faso good as DXY just eked out a new decline low below 105.32 in a possible 5th wave that could have more to go. We could be in the latter stages of 5 down and also 5 up in miners, XGD easily moved to a new high last night (likely wave 5 as well), let's see how it plays out near term

Senor

OK wave 5 up in miners/down in DXY just might be over, if it is a 2–4-week correction would be expected and just perhaps, more bullish count is we keep goin higher with only small pullbacks for now - I favor the 5 up ending count, we see

Senor

yes, today is a game changer 5 waves up  in gold /gdx/gdxj    

dharma

#3816 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 01 December 2022 - 12:42 PM

Back test of 22 on Silver holding thus far....this could be wherre the rubber meets the road if Silver Bulls can negotiate this back test turn...

back test?

#3817 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 01 December 2022 - 12:44 PM

looks like ewe are 3 of 5 of C or 5

#3818 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 01 December 2022 - 01:11 PM

One option I'm considering is to lighten up on g&s at the close tomorrow Friday

if the entrails favor that.

#3819 jabat

jabat

• Traders-Talk User
  • 606 posts

Posted 01 December 2022 - 10:43 PM

Avi     Nightly Wave Analysis      Metals Update

Leading Diagonals Are Treacherous

Well, after the recent action in silver, I officially moved into a leading diagonal potential for wave i off the lows.  And, as the title of this update notes, they are quite treacherous to trade.    Moreover, as you probably know, I do not trust them until they are proven.

But, even at this time, I cannot even say that we will get a leading diagonal with a high probability.  We still need to rally to AT LEAST the 24.60 region, which would be the absolute minimum expectation I would have for a 5th wave in a leading diagonal.  So, in that regard, there is still much to prove.

Moreover, even if we do complete that potential 5th wave higher, I still do not rely upon leading diagonals.  So, if we see a CLEARLY corrective a-b-c pullback for a wave ii, then I MAY begin to add some aggressive long positions.  But, I really would need to see a CLEAR 5-wave rally for wave 1 of wave iii to turn more aggressively bullish on a wave 2 pullback, as I discussed in my live video this morning.

And, just as with silver, GDX still needs to push a bit higher to get its potentially completed leading diagonal off the lows.  And, the same comments I have for silver apply equally to the GDX structure and manner in which I intend to trade the long side.

As far as GLD is concerned, I will simply want to see another push higher to at least the 168-171 region to suggest that we have 5 waves completed off the recent lows.

Unfortunately, the market is not providing us with the most solid of 5-wave rally structures off the recent lows.  Yet, we get what we get and we can’t be upset. (Yea, I learned that when my kids went to nursery and kindergarten).  And, with what we know about diagonals, at least we have a plan as to how we can layer in for the major rally I still expect in the metals complex as we look towards 2023.

#3820 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 02 December 2022 - 12:54 AM

Avi     Nightly Wave Analysis      Metals Update

Leading Diagonals Are Treacherous

Well, after the recent action in silver, I officially moved into a leading diagonal potential for wave i off the lows.  And, as the title of this update notes, they are quite treacherous to trade.    Moreover, as you probably know, I do not trust them until they are proven.

But, even at this time, I cannot even say that we will get a leading diagonal with a high probability.  We still need to rally to AT LEAST the 24.60 region, which would be the absolute minimum expectation I would have for a 5th wave in a leading diagonal.  So, in that regard, there is still much to prove.

Moreover, even if we do complete that potential 5th wave higher, I still do not rely upon leading diagonals.  So, if we see a CLEARLY corrective a-b-c pullback for a wave ii, then I MAY begin to add some aggressive long positions.  But, I really would need to see a CLEAR 5-wave rally for wave 1 of wave iii to turn more aggressively bullish on a wave 2 pullback, as I discussed in my live video this morning.

And, just as with silver, GDX still needs to push a bit higher to get its potentially completed leading diagonal off the lows.  And, the same comments I have for silver apply equally to the GDX structure and manner in which I intend to trade the long side.

As far as GLD is concerned, I will simply want to see another push higher to at least the 168-171 region to suggest that we have 5 waves completed off the recent lows.

Unfortunately, the market is not providing us with the most solid of 5-wave rally structures off the recent lows.  Yet, we get what we get and we can’t be upset. (Yea, I learned that when my kids went to nursery and kindergarten).  And, with what we know about diagonals, at least we have a plan as to how we can layer in for the major rally I still expect in the metals complex as we look towards 2023.

i think he is smart