Frustrating!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 slupert

slupert

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,809 posts

Posted 14 April 2022 - 11:14 AM

I was watching that interview on Bloomberg with Williams. I couldn't believe he was that hawkish, The Fates just sank. Since he's on the FOMC they creamed it on a preholiday trading day. Opportunity knocked for the hedge funds. jmho

#2 hhh

hhh

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 14 April 2022 - 11:58 AM

I think the strategy here is to obtain maximum jawboning effect to pre-condition the market for the actual relative dovishness to come because they know they can't actually do what they say they are going to do without utterly destroying everything.

#3 Chilidawgz

Chilidawgz

A fool and his money... (the second mousie gets the cheese)

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,626 posts

Posted 14 April 2022 - 12:02 PM

I think the strategy here is to obtain maximum jawboning effect to pre-condition the market for the actual relative dovishness to come because they know they can't actually do what they say they are going to do without utterly destroying everything.

Truth

Anything can happen...what's happening now?
No one can forecast the future. No one.

All stocks (ETF's) are BAD...unless they go up - William O'Neil
When The Time Comes To Buy or Sell, You Won't Want To - Walter Deemer

#4 steadyquest

steadyquest

• Traders-Talk User
  • 776 posts

Posted 14 April 2022 - 01:00 PM

If the long yield were to suddenly move up to 3.5% or so, would that "break" anything?

TYX3.png

#5 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,041 posts

Posted 14 April 2022 - 02:22 PM

If the long yield were to suddenly move up to 3.5% or so, would that "break" anything?

TYX3.png

I'm pretty sure that's where it's heading. And, I'm not sure it would.

M

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#6 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,041 posts

Posted 14 April 2022 - 02:24 PM

I was watching that interview on Bloomberg with Williams. I couldn't believe he was that hawkish, The Fates just sank. Since he's on the FOMC they creamed it on a preholiday trading day. Opportunity knocked for the hedge funds. jmho

As noted before, I think we've got a lot of jaw-boning going on. The markets are doing the tightening for them. Honestly, not buying treasuries is slowing the economy by lowering housing affordability (higher long rates). We'll see if it's enough. I have no opinion. Or, at least, none anyone should weight heavily!

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#7 qqqqtrdr

qqqqtrdr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 14 April 2022 - 03:32 PM

So we right here before earnings...   Yes Car Sales, and Home Sales are down, but overall people are out buying and doing things...     Usually a market going down before earnings goes up afterwards and vice versa...   We are close to stopping inflation going further with .5 to 1 point rise in interest rates...   Bearish sentiment should provide some support here....